Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heated seats in my Challenger, it being from Az, I will never use them. Now cooled seats, that would be awesome. Any kits that you know of, or what donor vehicle could I get these from?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I know 300's have them, and should be similar seats. Chargers...maybe on the higher end ones. LA is getting them for '15 I'm sure, those would likely direct bolt in, though you'd be on your own with the wiring. It'll be a completely different electrical architecture. If you're talking about just parts, Rams have them as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have heated seats in my Challenger, it being from Az, I will never use them. Now cooled seats, that would be awesome. Any kits that you know of, or what donor vehicle could I get these from?

Thanks!!
I've always wondered why the challengers don't have them and the chargers do, backup cam as well.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I've always wondered why the challengers don't have them and the chargers do, backup cam as well.
Because the Charger got a complete redo in 2012 while Challenger still hasn't.

Both cars are in different development cycles: Charger started in 2006; Challenger in 2008.

Also, Challenger's lower sales volume makes it harder to justify (financially) doing updates as often; it has fewer units over which to amortize the developmental costs.

Challenger should get most of the improvements Charger got: the 8.5-inch screen with more user-friendly interface and intergrated backup camera, the new heated and ventilated seats (the controls are built into the new screen interface), the 8-speed auto, the new corporate steering wheel (shown on the spy shots), nicer fobs, LEDs, superior quality of materials and assembly inside and out, and the availability of adaptive cruise control, forward collision and cross-path detection sensors, and blind spot monitor.

Of all these, I prefer the manual transmission anyway (although that 8-speed is SWEET!), I like the current steering wheel just fine, I don't need the ventilated seats here on the coast, I can live with the current Navigation system, I HATE adaptive cruise controls and those frantic safety nannies (especially on a sports car), but I would love the improved quality of assembly and materials, and could really use the integrated backup camera.

·
Registered
112 Posts
ya im not sure if id want the adaptive cruise and cross path detection or forward collision either.

·
Registered
972 Posts
We just bought a '14 Durango as a sister to my Challenger. The Durango has all those fancy bells and whistles, including heated/ventilated seats. It is NICE. Build quality and features are both outstanding. The 8 speed transmission is super smooth. I expect the Challenger's update in '15 will feel somewhat similar, in which case it will be really tempting. In addition to the Charger, 300, and Ram noted above, you could look at Durangos for donor vehicles for the heated/cooled seats.

Edit: Incidentally, on the Durango those nanny electronics like adaptive cruise/braking were an optional tech package for $2k. We rejected that item hard, did not want any of that nonsense.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Incidentally, on the Durango those nanny electronics like adaptive cruise/braking were an optional tech package for $2k. We rejected that item hard, did not want any of that nonsense.
Good choice.

I had the SafetyTec Package in my 300 SRT: it was REALLY irritating! The Adaptive Cruise Control leaves so much space in front of you that other drivers keep cutting in front; the Forward Collision Monitor would freak out every time I drove the car a little hard on a fun road. The Blind Spot a Monitor I liked, but I just as easily turn my head.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts