Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else notice the coup d'etat Dodge pulled off this weekend in Vegas? They had RAM trucks driving the drivers around the track during pre race ceremonies, then had this beautiful Charger as the pace Car.

I love watching NASCAR but every week I can't help think about how awesome it would have been to see this bad boy actually race in the series...

Fiat/Chysler must be kicking them selves for letting Penske racing go, with all the success they are having in Ford's.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Keselowski in his Dodge Miller Lite car was the perfect combination of driver and sponsors for me. Loved talking trash to my buddy who is a big Kyle Bush fan. Now I haven't watch a race at all nor do I even know what's going on. If I watched racing I'd still pull for Keselowski as I do like Roush Racing and I've always pulled for Kasey Kahne as well since I viewed him as the prodigy of Bill Elliott my all time favorite racer. Though I did have to limit my support some when he left Dodge and went to Toyota. I can stomach him driving a Chevy a little bit more now.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Challengers still run in the Nationwide Series, although they are now being fielded by lower budget teams.
I noticed several SRT logos painted on the safer barrier and SRT flags flying, putting 2+2 tells me that SRT was an associate sponsor of the event.

I saw the new Charger prototype stock car in person, it was an amazing-looking machine.

·
Registered
511 Posts
more of a drag racing guy, but Mopar won the last 2 Pro Stock titles so I figure NHRA will put some restriction on them. Gm spends to much money.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Fan of all racing ,but Dodge has dropped the ball and is out of the game.
Went to Barrett-Jackson Hot august nights Reno last summer.
Took a hot lap with funny car driver John Capps in a Boss Stang, as well as Z06 Vette Bondurant driving .... oh ya not a Dodge to be seen ANYWHERE !
Zero promotions , couldn't even buy a T-shirt.
Hopefully Nascar will get back to driving cars we can buy and realign themselves with fans and consumers !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts