Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
Interesting how they were able to jack up that many cars and remove all of the wheels/tires without being noticed. :shocked:

They must have worked very fast. It was probably a rogue NASCAR pit crew with a big trailer. :bigthumb:

·
Banned
675 Posts
these are my suspects

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Maybe I'm a bit naive but doesn't most of those cars have wheel locks on them? I know my classic does.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I work near a train unloading lot. The lot is surronded by a high fence and a fairly deep ditch. One morning driving by I noticed several new cars that had been crashed through the fence and were stuck in the ditch with smashed front ends. :notallthere:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I worked at a Dodge store in WY and this happened not on that scale. They took truck wheels and tailgates.

I currently work for an RV lot and last year someone spent all night taking all the lcd tvs from the campers.

Looks to me someone just started a new ebay business.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
There are alot of Dealers out there the still dont have any security at night and NO cameras. The back lots most of the time are not lit so its fair game for the pit crew that took these.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Must have used a big van/truck. Or lots of people with lots of cars full of cinder blocks. Plus you need even more room for each tire.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Does it seem odd to anyone else that all the vehicles were carefully placed on 4x4s? I worked at a car dealership and any time we had wheels stolen, the cars were just dropped on the rotors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I took my car to a dealship here in Alabama. They didn't get my warranty work completed and called and asked me if they could keep the car overnight. I said sure. I got a call the next day and was told that my car was ready. I went there about an hour later and notice that two police cars were at the lot. I didn't think much about it. The service guy said they were busy and asked if I could go around back to get my car. I walked around back and there sat my car amongst several new cars. Five of the new cars were missing tires and wheels and mine was right in the middle of them; however mine wasn't touched????? A criminal with that felt sorry for me? I don't think so. Neither did the police. I got questioned about 40 minutes as to why I thought my car wasn't touched. I finally said, "Because mine was the best looking, and they did the other ones a favor by taking the wheels." He didn't see the humor.

The real reason, wheels locks! I guess it just wasn't worth the effort because there was an easier target; the ones without wheel locks.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I lived near a Ford dealership as a boy and the same thing happened to the Starsky and Hutch Torinos when they hit the lot. Up on blocks, slot mags and tires long gone. Apparently crime is still alive and well in North America...

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
Does it seem odd to anyone else that all the vehicles were carefully placed on 4x4s? I worked at a car dealership and any time we had wheels stolen, the cars were just dropped on the rotors.
They were dropped. The dealer placed the cars up on the 4X4s.

Dropping the cars would also shear off a stud that had a locking lug nut installed. That's why the best protection is two Gorilla locking lug nuts (with spinning sleeves) opposite each other.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts