Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the original wheels on my 2016 Challenger Hellcat. I've never really like the design. I'm looking at these, FR 73 – Dodge Demon Replica 20 inch Wheels at:

https://factoryreproductions.com/shop/chrysler/fr-73/

I've heard how some aftermarket aren't safe. Is there any reason I should not do this?

If I do, will the 275 / 40 tires I have fit on the 10.5 " Rims? (they have 9.5" but figure I'll go wider just in case I want wider later on)
The 9.5" have a +12 offset and the 10.5 a +22
I know next to nothing about "offset" will the 10.5 and +22 offset work on all 4 corners?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was looking at those same wheels.
And no those offsets at 22 are for the rear only.

You should check out the FR77 Hellcat2 rims.
Bad ass and sharp.
They are available in 11 rear and 9.5 front as a staggered set.
The rear off set is larger due the width.
315/35/20 tires and fit in rear on the 11 inch rims.
The 275 will mount to a 9.5 rim.
I may splurge for these.

As far as the wheels go they are cast aluminum so not rated for high speed.
Our factory forged wheels are speed safe to 200 mph easy.
Cast wheel speeds meant for up to 130 mph.
But how many times can you actually do that in street use.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not want staggered, I want to rotate...gotta have same size all four wheels So would those ones I was looking at, in the 9.5" at +12 offest work on all 4.?

What about the FR77 Hellcat2 rims? are they cast? they are only $70ish more. I roll race, most of the time I cut off about 140..but have hit 150 a few times.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
If they made the in an 11" I'd probably give em a try on the ole WB cat, that's of course risking center break out? cause you never know if you're getting forged or f%#[email protected] with reps

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they made the in an 11" I'd probably give em a try on the ole WB cat, that's of course risking center break out? cause you never know if you're getting forged or f%#[email protected] with reps

This is concerning. I have my original black OEM wheels, but on there now are a set of bronze i bought off a guy for $350.....i may not have forged on there NOW!? For all 4 at $350? They have to be junk.
They look just like my black oem but are bronze...but looks dont mean anything. How can i know ? My car is NO garage queen, I run it.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
There's only one forged rep (HR5), so you actually DO know what you're getting. Cast wheels simply failing is rare, and you can still jack up a forged wheel if you "try" hard enough.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Why would you go from forged wheels to cast?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Because:

I have the original wheels on my 2016 Challenger Hellcat. I've never really like the design. I'm looking at these, FR 73 – Dodge Demon Replica 20 inch Wheels at:

https://factoryreproductions.com/shop/chrysler/fr-73/

I've heard how some aftermarket aren't safe. Is there any reason I should not do this?

If I do, will the 275 / 40 tires I have fit on the 10.5 " Rims? (they have 9.5" but figure I'll go wider just in case I want wider later on)
The 9.5" have a +12 offset and the 10.5 a +22
I know next to nothing about "offset" will the 10.5 and +22 offset work on all 4 corners?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was looking at those same wheels.
And no those offsets at 22 are for the rear only.

You should check out the FR77 Hellcat2 rims.
Bad ass and sharp.
They are available in 11 rear and 9.5 front as a staggered set.
The rear off set is larger due the width.
315/35/20 tires and fit in rear on the 11 inch rims.
The 275 will mount to a 9.5 rim.
I may splurge for these.

1) Where can I see these FR77 Hellcat2?
2) Will the fit, I want all four same size, NO staggared
3) are the FR77 Hellcat2 cast or forged?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Or maybe I can simplify this all

1) I want all four to be the same size and be at least what I have now 9.5" wide
2) I want black, 5 spoke (looking like or very similar to the attached pic)

3) I want these to be as safe as what the car came with, I do go over 130 MPH, not a lot but it happens.

What are my options?

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Those Guys are on Ebay selling those wheels at a Good price. Just putting it out there as I like the new Silver they just brought out .

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those Guys are on Ebay selling those wheels at a Good price. Just putting it out there as I like the new Silver they just brought out .

Are you talking about the FR77 Hellcat 2? Does is say if they are cast or forged?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts

1) I want all four to be the same size and be at least what I have now 9.5" wide

3) I want these to be as safe as what the car came with, I do go over 130 MPH, not a lot but it happens.

What are my options?
There was a member looking for 5 spoke forged as well. On the hell cat forum there was a company called Vibe Motorsports that was apparently making some forged 5 spokes....although you had to call for pricing/availability....(aka...cha-ching).
https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f79/aftermarket-wheel-671945/?671945=#post8486363

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts

What are my options?
Have you looked at PK Auto Design. A Guy brought it to the forums attention. I believe the wheels are forged.
https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/8488073-post12.html

1 - 20 of 30 Posts