Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well, if its not broke, don't fix it !
usually a car maker will bend to pressure for auto 'press' monkey's that think 'they' know trends. using the terms' soldier on'.
Soldier on my ( beep) Challenger, Charger , 300 look great. Much attention to detail with these cars and a lot of technology, but still a real automobile.

Your Yaris/Prius millennial crowd are not in the market for a real car or truck. Those are 'sheeple' going cheap, are after gas mileage clown cars with CVT's. Let Kia and Gungsheng -motors have them.
Don't pander to them. Stay with your strength.

I do believe if Dodge had ( and maybe they do) had a traveling road show, like what BMW or Lexus has and invite certain public in, (that can afford said automobiles), let them test drive them, I'd say you would sell them. Maybe they do have such a venue, I don't know.

Driving one sold me and 'wifee' driving one for a few days, Didn't know we would enjoy it so much ! Wasn't even looking for a new car. The Challenger is a nice looking car. just right, good bit of modern and subtle hints of retro. not 80's retro either ! LOL

With that latest generation mustang, 'blue oval' may have lost a step with it, over design, that rear side window. eh a little funky? Previous models were better in my opinion up to 2016-17.
Dodge ought to go after them for copyright violation, using the 'double slashes' as signal lights. \\ //

anyhoo, leave the Challenger alone FCA !
best regards.

·
Registered
805 Posts
jtrosky, thanks for posting the link.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Not much new info, but an interesting read none the less.

It is reassuring to hear (once again) that the Challengers retro design isn't going away just yet.

As the 2020 model approach's, and the same basic design enters its 13th year of production, it makes me wonder just how much longer this can last?
One performance car that had a similar run (also using an older chassis/platform) was the C3 Corvette.

The C3 ran from '68-82, a 15 year run. Its chassis was based on a design used since 1963. The early big block C3's were fire breathers. The later C3s morphed into nothing more than a stylish GT. Can this Challenger outlast the C3 Corvette?

Thankfully with the modern Challenger, the older it gets, the better and faster it becomes. That is a great thing.

Reactions: Parrott_350
1 - 5 of 5 Posts