Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kept seeing "Dodge doesn't care" posted before my order and took it as more of an easy play on their handle @DodgeCares . My SPWB order was stuck mid paint phase when the plant shutdown, then eventually reset to D1. Customer service asked me to contact them, then proceed to blow me off repeatedly and then copy and paste responses that were weeks out of date and incorrect.

What experiences have you all had with Dodge Support? Any good experiences? Any worse? Have any of you found a functional method of obtaining transparent responses? I've previously just been on the classic car side of the house and the Jeep side of the house, but had always been impressed with Chrysler's presence with customers in Carlisle and their participation with the Jeep scene. Do you all think this poor level of care is typical of Dodge or do you think it's more to do with the recent merger with PSA leaving Stellantis in charge?

I've been a MoPar guy for a long while and this is my 4th factory order. I'm used to the wait and the vague ordering process, but was really surprised by what seemed to be a genuinely disrespectful disregard for customers. I know if there's anyone that could use a little respectful transparency it's our Canadian brothers and sisters to the North, but I'd certainly appreciate some here as well. You'd think they'd not want the experience sullied for all but the most ideal circumstances with the types of customers willing to order and wait for their perfect MoPar.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,417 Posts
Have you not heard back from Dodge CS directly & specifically to your build stat?
Did the car actually fall back into D1 status, or did it ever leave it?
what time frame are we talking about, since order placement? since last update, if any?
Its not uncommon for these things to take months and sometimes status can be shifty, even when its smooth sailing....I had a S.O. take near 6 months!
What is your relationship like with the ordering dealership?
I havent followed the recent shut downs other than a passing notice, but I understand its not just comp chips, now it is also upholstery foam shortage or something or other.... The merger doesnt help, but I doubt that has anything to do with your situation.
If your relationship with ordering dodge dealer is a good one, I'd restart there. In person. With the sales manager (and not the 20yr old newb whose turn it is to "assist" the customer.)
SM can certainly help you navigate some of this more easily and help you get on a more direct communicative footing with dodge if need be.
Good luck with this, I feel your frustration.

Reactions: FridayGt

·
Registered
97 Posts
Kept seeing "Dodge doesn't care" posted before my order and took it as more of an easy play on their handle @DodgeCares . My SPWB order was stuck mid paint phase when the plant shutdown, then eventually reset to D1. Customer service asked me to contact them, then proceed to blow me off repeatedly and then copy and paste responses that were weeks out of date and incorrect.

What experiences have you all had with Dodge Support? Any good experiences? Any worse? Have any of you found a functional method of obtaining transparent responses? I've previously just been on the classic car side of the house and the Jeep side of the house, but had always been impressed with Chrysler's presence with customers in Carlisle and their participation with the Jeep scene. Do you all think this poor level of care is typical of Dodge or do you think it's more to do with the recent merger with PSA leaving Stellantis in charge?

I've been a MoPar guy for a long while and this is my 4th factory order. I'm used to the wait and the vague ordering process, but was really surprised by what seemed to be a genuinely disrespectful disregard for customers. I know if there's anyone that could use a little respectful transparency it's our Canadian brothers and sisters to the North, but I'd certainly appreciate some here as well. You'd think they'd not want the experience sullied for all but the most ideal circumstances with the types of customers willing to order and wait for their perfect MoPar.

Thoughts?
DodgeCares has helped resolve many issues I've had with Uconnect Access and SiriusXM Guardian over the years.

The FCA Engineers that specialize in Uconnect and the high level SiriusXM Guardian Tech support they have hooked me up with by assigning my problems to a case manager have resolved issues that the high dollar Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and Charger Scatpack (my last 2 MOPARs) would have been returned under Lemon Law for had they had not had those issues corrected.

That being said, DodgeCares isn't able to answer order questions and with the Pandemic, everything in the industry is really strange right now. Random shut downs for components cause vehicles to be scheduled for build and then withdrawn from that status.

·
Registered
36 Posts
During a chip shortage affecting all manufacturers, it is just gonna be tough getting straight timely answers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The time to build isn't a problem, like I said, it's not my first go.

Relationship with the dealership is great, but they don't get much more info than I can get from customer service. I actually just ordered and received another car from them a month ago.

The car was confirmed by the dealership and customer service to be in paint and the next step being inspection before the latest shutdown. Then it was confirmed to still be in paint after the shutdown and then went back to D1 days later. Honestly, as irritating as that is, that's not the issue. They could tell me that's where it was when the line actually stopped and they decided to start over to avoid paint defects or whatever. That'd be less than perfect but meh, I'd be good.

What is irritating is when @DodgeCares replies to a post in the ordering progress thread to be seen addressing issues, asking me to reach out, but blows me off instead. Heck it wasn't even until I followed up repeatedly after being ghosted that they copied and pasted a weeks old statement saying that the plants were going to shutdown the following week when they'd been closed already for a week or two at that point.

I just can't fathom why they'd bother at that point. Their feigning involvement is more insulting and frustrating than just leaving it be.

It's not even the customer service people personally, the only two times I've called in, they've been insanely kind. They're just very obviously extremely limited in the information they can provide. The individual or team of individuals that have access to the account on this forum though either genuinely don't care or (what I imagine the case to be) are stretched too thin or tasked with being visible instead of mitigating issues.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Then it was confirmed to still be in paint after the shutdown and then went back to D1 days later. Honestly, as irritating as that is, that's not the issue. They could tell me that's where it was when the line actually stopped and they decided to start over to avoid paint defects or whatever. That'd be less than perfect but meh, I'd be good.
The assembly plant doesn't physically wait until the parts are sitting in the plant to schedule your Challenger.

They schedule it based on supplier broadcast for what is coming in.

D1 means they have scheduled your build because the broadcast for the incoming parts shows all the parts for your build are available.

What happened is your Challenger was scheduled to be built and they started painting the body. Then the assembly plant shut down and during that time, one of the hundreds of suppliers notified Brampton they wouldn't be shipping parts needed for your vehicle.

That pulls your vehicle back to D1 status. They haven't painted your car yet most likely.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
379 Posts
Anytime I have contacted Dodge I have always gotten the exact same reply... "we do not know, contact your local dealer." I bet I could ask them what color a blue Challenger is and they would reply the same thing. Perhaps I have just had a truck full of bad experiences, but in Dodge's defense, every other car manufacturer says the same thing.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The only thing I have to say, and I wish everyone would accept this fact when ordering a car...

You will get your car when you get your car. Took me months to get my M6 Scat back in 18.

Sending dozens of emails and contacting the dealer or whatever does get the car built any faster.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Just to be clear, DodgeCares here on the forum is not the same as Dodge Customer Service. They work for Dodge as social outreach. They have helped many on this forum, but are also limited in their abilities. But shouldn't be confused with Customer Service on the website

A Guy

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The assembly plant doesn't physically wait until the parts are sitting in the plant to schedule your Challenger.

They schedule it based on supplier broadcast for what is coming in.

D1 means they have scheduled your build because the broadcast for the incoming parts shows all the parts for your build are available.

What happened is your Challenger was scheduled to be built and they started painting the body. Then the assembly plant shut down and during that time, one of the hundreds of suppliers notified Brampton they wouldn't be shipping parts needed for your vehicle.

That pulls your vehicle back to D1 status. They haven't painted your car yet most likely.
Then, again, it's poor communication. The message shouldn't have been D1, parts complete, sequenced for build for weeks before beginning the build process.

The only thing I have to say, and I wish everyone would accept this fact when ordering a car...

You will get your car when you get your car. Took me months to get my M6 Scat back in 18.

Sending dozens of emails and contacting the dealer or whatever does get the car built any faster.
I wish you'd not misinterpret. Like I said, the delay isn't the concern, this isn't my first go and still isn't the longest order I've had in the past, it's the abysmal and confused communication.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Then, again, it's poor communication. The message shouldn't have been D1, parts complete, sequenced for build for weeks before beginning the build process.

I wish you'd not misinterpret. Like I said, the delay isn't the concern, this isn't my first go and still isn't the longest order I've had in the past, it's the abysmal and confused communication.
That’s because nobody has any real answers.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Thoughts?
At least you get to talk to someone and get vague answers... literally all ive gotten by contacting to see if there is someone out there i can talk to about why my order is taking such a long time but every time i call i get "sorry we can't help you goodbye" and immediately hangs up not even a reason why just hangs up. Lol fun times

1 - 12 of 12 Posts