Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SRT ® (Street and Racing Technology) Motorsports will make its debut into the Trans Am Series when Miller Racing fields two all-new Dodge Challenger SRTs at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Aug 15-16. Four-time series champion Tommy Kendall makes his re-entrance and first Trans Am start since 2004 in the TA2 series class this weekend.

Story & more photos here: Modern Mopar Magazine | Challenger SRT + Tommy Kendall + Trans Am Racing = JOY!

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is very good news!! Racing is the best R&D you can have and the things they learn will ultimately find their way onto the street SRTs.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I hope "SRT".................DODGE has the money to run the Viper AND Challenger programs all in. It sure would be great to see in any case. I like Tommy Kendall.

Reactions: shiftintohigh

·
Premium Member
10,425 Posts
No better way than this to make some guys say 'I want one of those cars".

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Reactions: shiftintohigh

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
I sure wish they would get back into NASCAR.
yea, many will disagree for many valid reasons.....but I sure miss Brad in his Blue Duece kickin tail....

As much as T/A and other forms are more true racing, nobody can deny that NASCAR is the one more folks in the US focus on....and IMO it is wrong of Dodge to ignore this segment. Dodge had a whole new Charger lined up when the newest gen cars came out, and they just quietly bailed... maybe with the latest gen and Fiat involved, they'll get back in there.....

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Bro can you just imagine what a modern Challenger T/A would look like?!! I track proven Challenger. Nice.

You know track events are getting a lot more popular these days with everyday folks like myself. Especially here in ca. Most events attract over 60+ cars from people wanting to road course their cars. There are track days basically every weekend and some weekdays as well. It's highly addictive. Us challenger owners represent challengers well and see some jaws dropped by the track dedicated car owners and instructors. So for dodge to come out with a TA version, will only strengthen the brand image. I heard rumors that there may be a challenger TA for the 2016 MY. Gawd I hope so.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
You know track events are getting a lot more popular these days with everyday folks like myself. Especially here in ca. Most events attract over 60+ cars from people wanting to road course their cars. There are track days basically every weekend and some weekdays as well. It's highly addictive. Us challenger owners represent challengers well and see some jaws dropped by the track dedicated car owners and instructors. So for dodge to come out with a TA version, will only strengthen the brand image. I heard rumors that there may be a challenger TA for the 2016 MY. Gawd I hope so.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Bro for 2016 I heard the same rumors. A 426 stroked 392 is what I'm hearing.

Ok ok. I'm hearing that in my own simple mind! Lol. I bet I got your attention even more though. All kidding aside, it makes you wonder what Dodge can do in the form of a T/A after seeing how the destroyed everyone's guesses with the Hellcat. If Dodge did produce a T/A what are we looking at, an absolute direct competitor to the Z-28 or the Boss 302?

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts

·
Registered
16,287 Posts
Looks like Joel Vandiver's car (joelvan on this forum) :headbang2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
i am raising cash, create a racing team and go for the adventure; pointless to spend money in addons when all of what i want is in front of me, already done, designed and ready to be built

see link

http://www.howeracing.com/Adobe/HoweTA20811.pdf

i am excited, i am turned upside down, this is the Sh$t in a double espresso, this is what i have been dreaming for months every night i go to sleep, close my eyes and race in a challenger

you are your thoughts, your dreams, the possibility of this

F yeah!!

this is just awesome!

ODP

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
go to SCCA Site under Trans Am they have the 2014 rule book all is in there on PDF document

engine must be under 500hp at the crank so they set them up at 475 with a restricting plate where w/o the plate it can go anywhere close to 580hp

rear wheel should be slightly higher than 400 hp with a tube chassis giving a car of 2800 max or something like that....that should be fun to drive with the Hoosier TA2 spec tires for Transam

i am cancelling my 18, ordering 15 in aluminum and mounting these babies on my street car just for the heck of it

ODP

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
This page says it's just under 500 HP. Trans Am - Home

And does anyone know if these races are going to be televised? And if so what channel?
You are correct....I was thinking. Of the other class that is based off the production cars

1 - 20 of 48 Posts