Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
‘22 Smokeshow T/A 5.7, Plus, Auto, Convenience Grp,Hood Pins, Sunroof, Alpine w Sub, compact spare
148 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Just my two cents on this. I entered my name and VON and it shows waiting to be shipped. I know for a fact it shipped from the factory two weeks ago and landed in Mira Loma California yesterday morning. Waiting to have truck transport 44 miles to Dealer now. Not sure if they need to tweak this link to get accurate reporting or they’re behind in updating. I’m not going to go into details right now but once I pickup I’ll post a very detailed timeline and history of my experience.

·
Registered
‘22 Smokeshow T/A 5.7, Plus, Auto, Convenience Grp,Hood Pins, Sunroof, Alpine w Sub, compact spare
148 Posts
Yeah- the website doesn’t really give a ton of detail. My dealer knew more info that the site so clearly it isn’t the end all be all for info- but probably takes the load off the Dodge chat overload of “where’s my car?” and at the very least gives people something to check on their own periodically
Absolutely! The dealer has been awesome and I’ve made sure not to wear out my welcome. Chat feature wasn’t bad but once it left the factory to go to the upfitter the dealer was the only way I got accurate info.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I’ve posted this before, hope it’s helpful.
don’t put too much faith in the new tracking website.
see below my order history and recommendations.

Write up
Hi all! We picked up our 5.7 T/A on Friday and it exceeded any expectations we had. When Factory ordered we were told 10-12 weeks. Arrived in 13 weeks. Our experience in following up during the various stages was that our Dealer in Southern California, who was the Feet Manager always had the most current and accurate information. We were very fortunate to have such a great individual to work with who always went above and beyond to keep us updated. In order not to drive him crazy as I was fascinated with following the process I also used the Dodge phone and chat features, link for chat and phone listed below. Everyone was very helpful and I found the chat easier at least for us. Chat worked great up until the T/A shipped. At that point I couldn’t get any updates except that it was in transit with no location or eta info. That’s where the dealer really kicked in as they knew every place it was passing through.
Please see timeline, our build and contact info below. Hope this explains some of the process.

2/18/22 Ordered
2/22 D Status, Order accepted
2/25 D1 Status, Parts available, in cue for production
3/28/22 Est. Ship 4/6/22
4/6/22 Est. Ship delayed to 4/23/22
4/20 Arrived Upfitter for matte wrap, hood pins & side stripe
5/6 Upfitter completed and left facility
5/9 Got window sticker
5/9 Got on moving train
5/13 Bensenville Ill on train
5/14 Passing through Iowa
5/17 Kansas City
5/20 Nebraska
5/24 Train arrived Mira Loma, California (44 miles from Dealer)
5/26 Trucked to Dealer
5/26 Arrived Dealer
5/27 Pickup

Our 5.7 T/A:
22 Challenger RT
Smokeshow paint
T/A package
Plus package
Driver convenience group
Black hood pin kit
Auto Transmission
Alpine audio group with subwoofer
Compact spare tire
Power Sunroof

Dodge 1 (800) 423-6343

Customer Chat

·
Registered
148 Posts
How did you get such detailed tracking info?

Looks like about a 4 week wait time for me from now till delivery?
Once it shipped by train from Brampton to us in SoCal none of the chat, calls, website were updated and just gave me the generic answer “in transit with no eta”. My Dealer checked every few days for me once it shipped and kept me updated with exact location and approximate eta. My Dealer was the only one who could tell me exactly where the car was.
What was interesting was that it was at the up-fitter for two weeks getting hood & trunk wrap, T/A stripes & hoodpins and once out of there shipped right away. So, anyone getting stripes, wrap, hood pins, shaker and I’m sure some other items expect it to go to the upfitter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts