Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you have put teh dodge lettering on the hood like the old challengers.. using the emblems that are for the backup lights..

I'd love to see some pix... considering going this route.. but am curious to see it before i pull the trigger..

thanks!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Here is a picture from the members Gallery area!

I also went with the Challenger on the rear quarters!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Those look great. I think they look particularly good against a dark (paint) background. I wonder if they look as good on the lighter paint shades.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Here's mine.

Hey Val,

What is wrong with he second picture? There appears to be something on the paint! Just kidding! It looks great!

·
Registered
999 Posts
i like the look of this. i think the 2011's would look better with this without the RAMS head. anyone have part numbers for the letters?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I decided to put mine on the fascia instead of the hood itself.

Attachments

·
Registered
999 Posts
any part number on these letters? and anymore photos, i love this look

·
Registered
162 Posts
Taillamp letters:
D= 68060396AA
O= 68060397AA
G= 68060398AA
E= 68060401AA

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Val how much space between each letter?? I like that...Tom
Just checked. Wha'dya know. They aren't even even. No, I didn't put them on. I'd have done far worse. At least they look even.

Outsides: 1 inch
Middle: centred with hood emblem
D & O: 2 5/8"
O & D: 2 15/16"
D & G: 2 9/16"
G & E: 3 3/16"

The difference is crazy. I measured twice. The letters each seem the same width, but damn.:notallthere:

The curve lines up perfectly with the curve on the hood though.

·
Registered
999 Posts
thats for the numbers, i found them OEM on amazon, set for $8. they should arrive soon.

having an '11 and no Ram's head i have to decide whether they go before, or on the hood. i'll do a test when they arrive.

also have x2 Challenger Script emblems ($50 total shipped) and x2 hemi emblems for my t/a scoop ($4.50 each). Not bad total for all that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks Val I thought they looked god and if I go that route on the B5 it will give me a starting point. Is the rain picture at Moparfest?? I seem to remember getting wet there the last couple of years....Tom

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Just checked. Wha'dya know. They aren't even even. No, I didn't put them on. I'd have done far worse. At least they look even.

Outsides: 1 inch
Middle: centred with hood emblem
D & O: 2 5/8"
O & D: 2 15/16"
D & G: 2 9/16"
G & E: 3 3/16"

The difference is crazy. I measured twice. The letters each seem the same width, but damn.:notallthere:

The curve lines up perfectly with the curve on the hood though.
I put mine on myself. Get some 1 inch green painters tape. Lay the first strip of tape even with the front edge of the hood. Without removing the backing paper on the glue Center the middle D on the center of the hood, the lay out two strips of 1 inch painters tape on either side. Then place the O and the G then repeat with another two strips of 1 inch painters tape then place the D and the E. Once you are happy with the placement just peal and stick. With this method the letters will follow the curve of the hood and be evenly spaced.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Thanks Val I thought they looked god and if I go that route on the B5 it will give me a starting point. Is the rain picture at Moparfest?? I seem to remember getting wet there the last couple of years....Tom
It is from Moparfest. It started sometime in the afternoon Saturday. Did a bit of raining Sunday too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts