Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally Fca is about to import in the italian market the following Dodge models: Charger, Challenger, Durango and Ram.
From now on, we italian Mopar enthusiasts can buy these cars officially sold by Fca dealers and get full official warranty, assistance and spare parts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how is it going to fit thru those tiny streets?
Actually it's not a problem: back in the days we italians used to drive tiny cars, not anymore. If you come over here you can see a lot of huge Suv's like Range Rover, Bmw X5, Mercedes Gle, etc.
And yes, our beloved Ferrari and Lamborghini are even wider than a widebody Hellcat:grin2:
However the major issue is the prices as you can see:

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Import or Inflict? >:)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I always thought that tooling around in Europe in an American muscle-car would be great fun. But can you imagine having a Rebel or Power Wagon, pulling up at a stop light, and looking down through the sunroof of the Fiat next to you. I saw some GIs in Germany with American pick-ups, and they definitely look out of place.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't there a massive tax on anything over 2 liters displacement?
No, that was a 80s thing: back in the day the Vat tax doubled on the cars over 2 liters (38% instead of regular 19% tax).
However the car taxes are still stupid high in Italy: not only we have to pay the 22% vat and the 10% custom fee on anything imported from the United States, the property tax is about 3,5€ per kw a year and another tax applies on the cars with more than 185kw: 20€ each kw exceeding that threshold.
I have a Srt 392 and this thing costs me 5300€ per year in taxes.
Oh, don’t forget the gas price: about 1,5€ per liter...

·
Registered
156 Posts
No, that was a 80s thing: back in the day the Vat tax doubled on the cars over 2 liters (38% instead of regular 19% tax).
However the car taxes are still stupid high in Italy: not only we have to pay the 22% vat and the 10% custom fee on anything imported from the United States, the property tax is about 3,5€ per kw a year and another tax applies on the cars with more than 185kw: 20€ each kw exceeding that threshold.
I've always thought that European Challenger owners were among the hardest of the hardcore enthusiasts, because it is so expensive and time-consuming.

I salute you, sir!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,018 Posts
With that type of investment they better make sure the Uconnect and drive modes work....otherwise I would we may see a lot of Italian owns go into Godfather mode. :wink3:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With that type of investment they better make sure the Uconnect and drive modes work....otherwise I would we may see a lot of Italian owns go into Godfather mode.
BTW I purchased my car two years ago, before they imported Dodge officially and Uconnect works quite well, although it’s been hacked to work with EU navigation maps. Drive modes work as well, the only issue is that performance pages don’t work anymore: I was told that’s a bug and I would replace the entire radio/navi system to have them work again. Is that true? Any help is welcome.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello from Latvia! Have you any idea how the pricing of your local FCA dealers compares to the new cars (unofficial imports), available on for example mobile.de? Will there be all trims available (on mobile.de there are predominanlty new SRTs , imported by https://aeceurope.com/en/)?

Thanks, Renars

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've always thought that European Challenger owners were among the hardest of the hardcore enthusiasts, because it is so expensive and time-consuming.

I salute you, sir!
Indeed! Huge respect to anyone in Europe who loves these cars enough to own one despite the additional expenses!

There was a Grand Tour episode in season 1 (Former Top Gear hosts) with those three jokers on a road trip through Italy with a Rolls Royce, Astin Martin, and a 2015 Hellcat. LOL that Hellcat was the talk and aggravation of the every little scenic town/city they visited.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello from Latvia! Have you any idea how the pricing of your local FCA dealers compares to the new cars (unofficial imports), available on for example mobile.de? Will there be all trims available (on mobile.de there are predominanlty new SRTs , imported by https://aeceurope.com/en/)?

Thanks, Renars
Hi Renars,
I posted the price list issued by Cavauto, our official dealer licensed by Fca, however the prices are pretty much the same of AeC Europe which is the unofficial importer for the EU as the taxes are pretty much the same in all Europe.
The real game changer is that the cars are modified directly by Fca for the eu street laws and are provided with the official warranty.
Not all the trims are available, however we can choose from Sxt plus to widebody Hellcat (not sure for the Demon).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There was a Grand Tour episode in season 1 (Former Top Gear hosts) with those three jokers on a road trip through Italy with a Rolls Royce, Astin Martin, and a 2015 Hellcat. LOL that Hellcat was the talk and aggravation of the every little scenic town/city they visited.
Haha I remember that episode, Richard Hammond played the part of the typical redneck with his Hellcat among the other two british style Clarkson and May:lol:
They have been even in Verona, my city (scene of the opera). I’ve never laugh so much in my life:grin2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Renars,
I posted the price list issued by Cavauto, our official dealer licensed by Fca, however the prices are pretty much the same of AeC Europe which is the unofficial importer for the EU as the taxes are pretty much the same in all Europe.
The real game changer is that the cars are modified directly by Fca for the eu street laws and are provided with the official warranty.
Not all the trims are available, however we can choose from Sxt plus to widebody Hellcat (not sure for the Demon).

Thanks! Sorry, didn't notice the pricelist earlier. Yeah, look like even more expensive.. on Mobile.de new SRTs go around 60k (I believe - EU homologated). At least, when I bought my used SXT plus in Germany, I only had to temporary remove the rear side markers, which are red colored, to get the car registered in Latvia. Of course, they went straight back in after registration:)

However, the higher the pricing at local dealership, the less similar cars will be on the road, so will keep my sense of "uniqueness" for a little bit longer. Since this is quite a big difference if anyone can go into the dealership and get a Challenger after 30minutes paperwork or directly import from US or look for it in another country e.g. Germany:)

Have great driving season (which probably never ends in Italy)!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks! Sorry, didn't notice the pricelist earlier. Yeah, look like even more expensive.. on Mobile.de new SRTs go around 60k (I believe - EU homologated). At least, when I bought my used SXT plus in Germany, I only had to temporary remove the rear side markers, which are red colored, to get the car registered in Latvia. Of course, they went straight back in after registration:)

However, the higher the pricing at local dealership, the less similar cars will be on the road, so will keep my sense of "uniqueness" for a little bit longer. Since this is quite a big difference if anyone can go into the dealership and get a Challenger after 30minutes paperwork or directly import from US or look for it in another country e.g. Germany:)

Have great driving season (which probably never ends in Italy)!
Yeah, you’re right: the driving season never ends in Italy. In fact I am testing the snow capabilities of the Challenger:grin2:
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=T6qVc0Du7Zg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts