Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this old picture I had saved that someone Photoshopped their idea of a Dodge Magnum design using the new Charger look and thought that I'd share it.

What do you Guys/Gals think? I'd buy one if Dodge made them!

·
Premium Member
9,410 Posts
Please dear god if the charger wasn’t bad enough now we are back to the lame station wagon where all the that got a hemi in it campaign started. Your parents and grandparents drove 4 door and station wagons, let’s keep the past in the past just like old girlfriends.
You’re absolutely welcome to your opinion but this is a Challenger forum after all.
So happy I was a pre teen in the early 60’s and knew what cool was when these were out the first time.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please dear god if the charger wasn’t bad enough now we are back to the lame station wagon where all the that got a hemi in it campaign started. Your parents and grandparents drove 4 door and station wagons, let’s keep the past in the past just like old girlfriends.
You’re absolutely welcome to your opinion but this is a Challenger forum after all.
So happy I was a pre teen in the early 60’s and knew what cool was when these were out the first time.
You're right, this is a Challenger forum and I can't argue with you there, but just thought that I'd share the idea with everyone since it is based off of an LX platform car.

By the way Yellow Jacket, station wagons are making a comeback! Audi makes the RS6 Avant that is Absolutely SICK among other brands like Mercedes and BMW.

Sorry if I upset you though or brought back some painful memories! :)

How could anyone hate on the Magnum? It had great styling, rear wheel drive and some proper engine options. In world of soulless, blob SUVs and crossovers that all look the same, the Magnum is a breath of fresh air.
I couldn't have said it better (or even as well as you did).

·
Premium Member
9,410 Posts
You're right, this is a Challenger forum and I can't argue with you there, but just thought that I'd share the idea with everyone since it is based off of an LX platform car.

By the way Yellow Jacket, station wagons are making a comeback! Audi makes the RS6 Avant that is Absolutely SICK among other brands like Mercedes and BMW.

Sorry if I upset you though or brought back some painful memories! :)
It doesn’t upset me, just giving my $.02 on it. I grew up in a time that car guys and station wagons didn’t mix except for the 2 door Chevy Nomads and they were well aged by then and most were surfers.
I don’t see old school car guys buying Audi’s or Mercedes either. Those belong to the “newly arrived” millennials. It’s all Madison Avenue marketing. My son has a marketing degree and make you feel like you just have to have “insert item” here and he will create a campaign. If I’m going to buy a luxury brand of any vehicle I want plush, not fast.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It doesn’t upset me, just giving my $.02 on it. I grew up in a time that car guys and station wagons didn’t mix except for the 2 door Chevy Nomads and they were well aged by then and most were surfers.
I don’t see old school car guys buying Audi’s or Mercedes either. Those belong to the “newly arrived” millennials. It’s all Madison Avenue marketing. My son has a marketing degree and make you feel like you just have to have “insert item” here and he will create a campaign. If I’m going to buy a luxury brand of any vehicle I want plush, not fast.
Just as you said, you're entitled to your opinion and I Appreciate that, but with the Audi RS6 (or any other German performance machine), why can't you have comfortable AND quick?

I do have to disagree with you about the marketing comment because there isn't a marketing person or company on the planet that can make me buy something that doesn't appeal to me (no disrespect directed to your Son). I will admit that it might work on some, just not me.

I don't consider myself an "Old School" car guy. I consider myself just a car guy because I can Appreciate any brand of car that invokes some kind of feeling. Whether it be an old suicide door Lincoln on air bags or a Tesla Model S (or anything in between) or even a lowered VW Microbus (I tried to give a wide range of examples, but didn't want to beat a dead horse and just go on and on).

To each their own though. That's what is so Cool about cars..................There's something for everyone (or as they say, a butt for every seat :D). (y)

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
214 Posts
It's pretty funny and in no way am I trying to start anything, but I swear, everytime I read one of your replies I can't help but notice your signature and think, man do you hold true to it lol.

Honestly though, and its all personal opinion obviously, but I really don't understand the obsession with doors. I somehow got caught up in it myself when the newer Charger's came out, and then smartened up and realized it was a stupid thing to complain about. I mean, if the Charger did come out with 2 doors, then would people complain that it wasn't a real Charger because the engine doesn't have a carb sitting on top? Or because it doesn't have an 8-track player? Almost seems like when you start with the thinking of "its not a real ....", you might as well say there should never be more than 1 generation of any vehicle with any name.

But I've gone off topic about wagons. Whats funny is I remember when I was younger and first getting into cars and racing, the old-timers always said wagons were some of the best vehicles for drag-racing because of the weight distribution and transfer. Anyway, I loved the Magnums, always thought they were pretty cool. But I did race full size trucks which was out of the norm so my opinion doesn't really matter

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember my Parents having an old Pontiac wagon with a 455 in it and sitting in the fold down rear seat facing out the back window. I'ts one of my favorite early age car memories and just a good time. My dad would roll down the back window and we'd just sit back there and enjoy the breeze. I think that's when I first found out why dog's like to stick their heads out of the window :D

Like I said, station wagons aren't for everyone but I'd buy one of the Magnum wagon's pictured above (especially if they had the fold down rear seat because I'd let my Wife drive and I'd sit back there! :D.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
352 Posts
The Magnum was probably one of the better station wagons around. But dont make it look like a Charger. Hell the Charger needs to be updated and have a vintage look. It imo sux the way they made it look now though it is better than when it first came out which was just a crying shame how they butchered it.

In anycase i wouldnt be interested in a Magnum if they came out again. Though maybe they can give the Magnum that look and finally do whats right for the Charger.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,727 Posts
It looks good for what it is ;)

A Guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts