Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw what i thought was a DWB IE go past me....it would have been the 2nd one ive ever seen on the road, so i caught up to it...

i noticed the stripes didnt go down to the bumpers....but they are on the roof/trunk/hood just like the IE.....then i noticed the wheels looked thin

up close you can see there's a red outline of the white stripes

why would dodge make a $25k copy of their $50k 392 IE?

if you took your 392 badge off no one would know the difference

i dont get it....glad i have white....no SE copy yet w/blue stripes

·
Banned
675 Posts
I saw a black SE, I was so mad that they copied my black srt

·
Registered
438 Posts
I would say it was a Rallye

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
well unless you just gotta go fast the SE is a great value.
ALL the bad A looks of the more expensive trims but with regular everyday driving power and for a ton less $$$$
All show but with less go

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
saw what i thought was a DWB IE go past me....it would have been the 2nd one ive ever seen on the road, so i caught up to it...

i noticed the stripes didnt go down to the bumpers....but they are on the roof/trunk/hood just like the IE.....then i noticed the wheels looked thin

I saw same car...reminds me of stripes on my C5 Vette.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts

It was definitely a Rallye SE. Nice cars, they are. There is a difference though, and you know what it is!

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, Dodge made a $50k copy of their $25k SE Rallye, complete with the stainless radio bezel. But hey, you got the kewl engine. :thumbsup:
thats the other way to look at it...

Dodge is sure making the SE look awesome......if they'd give it 50 more HP they'd be ahead of the Mustang and Camaro RS......looks wise they are way ahead.....

they are just taking the 'special' away from the higher models

since i paid $50k for a higher model i dont like it...i want my car to stand out as much as possible.....but it is what it is

which came first.....the DWB IE or the SE Rally?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

SE Rally came out first last year. I saw a white too.

·
Banned
863 Posts
The SE's are nice. I even like the no-spoiler on them, but if you want performance,,,,there is only one place to go - the SRT. I had a Blue IE pull next to me on a local road...just the sound made me turn my head and look. The Stance, stripes, wheels, sound, aggressive chin spoiler made it no mistake....it was ready for battle.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
I have had my Stonewhite SE Rallye for 1 1/2 yrs. I love the look. Dodge copied the look for the IE editions.

·
Registered
631 Posts

Wouldn't worry about it too much - you do realize that 99% of the people who see you drive by think you're driving a Mustang? And Ford makes a mustang that looks almost identical to your IE (white with dual blue stripes). I've been asked at least 3 times by people at work about my "new Mustang"? And my SRT is Billet and I've never seen a mustang in that color.

·
Banned
407 Posts
thats the other way to look at it...

Dodge is sure making the SE look awesome......if they'd give it 50 more HP they'd be ahead of the Mustang and Camaro RS......looks wise they are way ahead.....

they are just taking the 'special' away from the higher models

since i paid $50k for a higher model i dont like it...i want my car to stand out as much as possible.....but it is what it is

i would stop worrying about looking like other challengers. for one, the "special" you talk about...is a couple of stickers. car guys will still know you spent $50k on a car when they see the 392...and if they don't i'm sure you'll remind them

1 - 20 of 55 Posts