Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on the 2011 Dodge Nitro? Thinking about picking up a base 4WD V6.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I think they are a great looking SUV. Can't help you with anything else as I have not ridden or been in one.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, this would be for the wife. I think they look good. Haven't test driven one yet though.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have a 2007, and I really like it. Does fantastic in the snow w/on-the-fly 4x4.

The 2011 does look great. I would have considered trading up if they had put the pentastar in it. But, as it's the last model year for it I can see why they didn't want to spend the money to refresh it. (I wonder how hard an engine swap would be?)

I get 18-23mpg in it. I also looked at the Jeep Liberty--similar platform I believe, but the Jeep is smaller (shorter), and was not even comfortable at all. The center console was so high you cannot even rest your elbow on it. (Who's bright idea was that??)

The only thing I don't like about it, is the way they've done the front wheel well really limits the tire size. Lifting it actually reduces clearance.
I have 255/70R16s on it which are the largest that will fit w/o rubbing.
265s looked awesome, but I didn't want to have to cut anything.

Overall, I am really pleased with it. Also, while you do see a fair few of them on the roads, they are still relatively uncommon--still easy to find in the parking lot.

·
Registered
834 Posts
My wife has one and loves it. We used it over the summer to tow a 5000lb
trailer, no problems, it's a tough little truck. Be sure to get the 4.0L with the
nag1 tranny.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I just have the 3.7L.

The tow package w/towing stability electronics on the newer models is pretty interesting.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I have a 4.0L RT 4x4 with 5 speed auto and really like it.
Im getting 18.5MPG avg with a mix of 60% highway driving.

Just put new Yokohama Parada Spec X tires on it. The factory Goodyear Wrangler tires suck. (245/50/20in)

The slide out cargo floor in the back is great.

Stereo is pretty darn good as well.

Tim C

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'm kind of sad that they're discontinuing the model.
It reminds me of the old Jeep Cherokees from the late 80s, just with more-modernized styling. The back seat is surprisingly roomy compared to some other mid-sized SUVs I've been in. Did they ever really advertise this thing? I've never seen an ad for one, ever. I didn't even know what they were till I saw mine on the used lot and tried it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts