Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So made a few changes to the car.

I installed the mopar hoodpins, which i love, the install was much easier than i had anticipated.

I decided to add both the HEMI badges too my t/a scoop and then the Challenger script to both side fenders.

But what I really want your opinion on the 'DODGE' letters on the hood. I wasn't sure whether or not i'd like them, but considering they were only going to cost me $10, I figured I'd give it a go.

I'm actually really happy with the results and think its another thing that adds to the old school look of the car!

I only decided to do this considering this is a 2011, I think it's just 'too much' having the rams head and the letters.

so, what do you think?! I personally am very pleased with the way it all turned out :)

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,117 Posts
I like them too.:smokin:
They look like they belong and add to the old school effect.
Well done.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I like it, and have actually suggested doing that to a few others that I have worked with. The only thing I might have added would have been to use the new Dodge font, but it does match the Dodge on the Back up light in the center rear, so it is consistent.

Again, looks good!

·
Registered
389 Posts
From the photos, looks like you did an outstanding job on the install. Hood letters are perfect size, good font, and look to be aligned properly. I think it looks fine as is.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it looks AWESOME, especially with it NOT having that damned Ram's head...did you have it filled in?
Well the 2011's no longer have the RAM on the hood this is the only reason i decided to do it. I feel filling in the space left by the RAM would be far too costly. Thanks!

I like it, and have actually suggested doing that to a few others that I have worked with. The only thing I might have added would have been to use the new Dodge font, but it does match the Dodge on the Back up light in the center rear, so it is consistent.

Again, looks good!
I wanted to keep the constancy as you mentioned, they are letters from the charger, same font as the reverse lights, only just slightly smaller.

From the photos, looks like you did an outstanding job on the install. Hood letters are perfect size, good font, and look to be aligned properly. I think it looks fine as is.
Thanks! I actually used a business car i had lying around to match the spacing between the letters, then turned it 90degrees the get the depth from the hood down. I used sticky tac before the install to line the letters up.

Glad everyone likes it!

·
Registered
406 Posts
First off, I really like the way that turned out man. Great job!

Second, are those the OEM dodge letters? If so, where the heck did you get them for only $10?! I priced the letters through some wholesale sites and my dealership and they're going to cost me in the realms of about $50.

·
Registered
812 Posts
It all looks good. I didn't think I would like the Dodge lettering on the front, but I do.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I'm glad people like them as much as I do.

They are OEM for the 2009/2010 charger. They are smaller than the letters on the reverse light, I thought they'd end up being too small but they worked out well.

The Mopar part# is 57010592AA. $7.95 plus $5.50 shipping from Kernersville Chrysler Dodge Jeep. They're in NC.

First off, I really like the way that turned out man. Great job!

Second, are those the OEM dodge letters? If so, where the heck did you get them for only $10?! I priced the letters through some wholesale sites and my dealership and they're going to cost me in the realms of about $50.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
it all looks GREAT! nice job :bigthumb:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks really nice!

I've been thinking about doing almost the same thing but without the letters since I have a 2010. They look so good though.

I just ordered the hemi emblems for my scoop and was going to put them towards the front but I like where you have them.

·
Banned
675 Posts
i want a 2011 bumper :disgust::disgust: stupid nose badge

Looks great man

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
go with the HEMI closer to the front of the scoop, like the mopar10's.

thats the only thing i don't like and i am planning on moving them there soon.

also find the 2011 badge that has a slight slant. the ones i purchased were 2010's.

Looks really nice!

I've been thinking about doing almost the same thing but without the letters since I have a 2010. They look so good though.

I just ordered the hemi emblems for my scoop and was going to put them towards the front but I like where you have them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hmm now I have to go check my order. I didn't know there was a difference. I ordered some red overlays too which won't work if they are slanted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very nice! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I agree with everyone. It looks great. I have the hood letters too but in a different location because of the Ram's head.

Both ways look great to me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts