Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Show of hands: who has actually read the owner's manual that came with their car? Yep, that's what we thought… not that many of you. Because so few of us actually get around to reading it, Dodge has come up with an app for that.

Dodge and Mopar make it easier for owners by offering a free, new smartphone application that puts the information at your fingertips. You can bring up vehicle operation, maintenance and warranty information, product feature video demonstrations, connections with fellow owners via the company's brands on social media sites and access to customer care and 24-hour road-side assistance. This is one owner's manual you won't shove in the glove box.

Another bonus: since it's a digital system, any changes Dodge makes to the manual are made in real time, so you'll get them the moment they are updated.

In the US, owners of the new Dodge Durango and Charger can download vehicle information applications to select personal smartphones. The app will be available for iPhone, BlackBerry and Android devices on major mobile carriers.

More: Dodge Owner's Manual? There's an App For That on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
820 Posts
What no Challenger?

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
How bad is Dodge??!?!?!

Just throwing it out there for your enjoyment of how bad Dodge is at attention to detail. Take a look at the Motorola Droid on the right. Its a Verizon branded phone. This part is correct. Now take a look at the top left of the same phone. AT&T?!?!? Poor attention to detail. Alot of tech people found this funny on the tech news sites.

Enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Just throwing it out there for your enjoyment of how bad Dodge is at attention to detail. Take a look at the Motorola Droid on the right. Its a Verizon branded phone. This part is correct. Now take a look at the top left of the same phone. AT&T?!?!? Poor attention to detail. Alot of tech people found this funny on the tech news sites.

Enjoy
Some people look for the worst in everything...

·
Registered
48 Posts
poorly written manual

I hope the new ap has improved the writing style and accuracy of the printed manual. I'm half way through mine, and it is terribly written, and I've had to call for support.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Great...one more distraction for idiots who are too bored to actually look at the road while driving. How about just opening a book and reading it? Why does everything have to be the latest greatest-lets all go out and buy more crap so we can do something we've already been able to do for 50+ years. Good God...Apps...please. READ A BOOK. How about this...a phone is a phone...keep it in your pocket until you need to call someone for something important and then put it back in your pocket, THEN get back to your job and pay attention to what you are supposed to be doing! No wonder so many people are running in to each other these days.

Ok Rant over...LOL:)

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Yeah really. Won't do me much good if there isn't one available for the Challenger

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Great...one more distraction for idiots who are too bored to actually look at the road while driving. How about just opening a book and reading it? Why does everything have to be the latest greatest-lets all go out and buy more crap so we can do something we've already been able to do for 50+ years. Good God...Apps...please. READ A BOOK. How about this...a phone is a phone...keep it in your pocket until you need to call someone for something important and then put it back in your pocket, THEN get back to your job and pay attention to what you are supposed to be doing! No wonder so many people are running in to each other these days.

I'm gonna take a "wild" guess here and say you are a Baby Boomer, right?

LOL

JFF:D

·
Registered
352 Posts

While I agree, people shouldn't use this while driving, no one is suggesting that.
As for books, my office is looking to be paper free in the next five years. Paper is obsolete. And so are phones. I don't use phones anymore, there are better ways to communicate. That said, I have a Motorola Droid for all my communication needs, ebook reading, news, web surfing, tv remote control, garage door opener, car head unit/music source. Your paper "book" can't do all that and fit in my pocket comfortably. I suppose it's fine if you like filling your house with hundreds of books and devices, I prefer just using one device to do it all.
In case of emergency, my Motorola Droid can also be used as a voice communicator (what you used to call a "phone"). I have rarely had to use this feature.
/end rant from a thirty year old who doesn't care if you can't keep up (because my grandmother can. She's on Facebook more than me and had a smartphone before anyone I knew including me. So it's not about being old, its about refusing to adapt and change. You can't expect the world to stop because you don't want to learn new things)

back on topic
I'm bummed that they seem to indicate this will only be for new models going forth. I would love this for my 2009, but I guess pdf will just have suffice.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I prefer just using one device to do it all.
And what happens when that "one" device fails, or is stolen or you lose it. Your entire life will come to a grinding halt. And I will be there laughing, at you, as I often do when I see people without their one device that does it all, until they don't have it that is.
BTW, I'm not old, nor do I want the world to stop for me. if that's what you "got" from my rant, then I feel sorry for you.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Why not just call Dodge customer service and ask for a free paper owners manual, doesn't need recharging or batteries. They sent mine UPS free of charge just for asking, here's mine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
291 Posts

Enjoy
Tech people don't have much of a life?!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 18 of 18 Posts