Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever see a Dodge Road Runner? No??

Now you have!

Wouldn't you like to own this one-of-a-kind collector's item? I wonder how much it would go for at Barrett-Jackson?

P.S. Check out those "eye-catching" wheels. Imagine those on your Challenger!

Attachments

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Have you ever see a Dodge Road Runner? No??

Now you have!

Wouldn't you like to own this one-of-a-kind collector's item? I wonder how much it would go for at Barrett-Jackson?

P.S. Check out those "eye-catching" wheels. Imagine those on your Challenger!
:puke::killtard:

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
that's the sort of stuff I've seen at cars shows in the NW...

If its a local club's car - they'll win the award. Even where there were better examples in the show...

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

If its a local club's car - they'll win the award. Even where there were better examples in the show...
This kind of stuff is not confined to the Northeast. The car was spotted in Louisiana.

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll admit it doesn't appeal to me, but how is it so much different than a Dodge 'Cuda?
I am a purist and don't like the Dodge 'Cuda conversion. Maybe it's because I owned a 1971 'Cuda. At least the 'Cuda conversions that I have seen have replica front grills, tail lights, spoilers and fender gills. The "Dodge Road Runner," just looks clownish with its super large Road Runner decals and horrible looking wheels.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks just as good as the Dodge 'Cudas that all the cool guys Rave about. Bah, Plymouth is dead and gone. GET OVER IT!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am a purist and don't like the Dodge 'Cuda conversion. Maybe it's because I owned a 1971 'Cuda. At least the 'Cuda conversions that I have seen have replica front grills, tail lights, spoilers and fender gills. The "Dodge Road Runner," just looks clownish with its super large Road Runner decals and horrible looking wheels.
I can appreciate that, I'm much the same way.
To be candid, I think Dodge could have done a lot better than throwing a SRT hood on a R/T and calling it a T/A too.

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks as good as the Daytona and Superbird kits on Challengers...... Next we'll see Coronet R/T conversions......
The Daytona and Superbird kits have replica front end noses, high rear spoilers, etc. The Dodge "Road Runner" just has a large cartoonish decal. A very cheap way to mimic a Plymouth Road Runner. How can you compare the two?

·
Registered
537 Posts

This is true with most local car shows...... How's that saying go again.....? "All politics is local". :|

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
The Daytona and Superbird kits have replica front end noses, high rear spoilers, etc. The Dodge "Road Runner" just has a large cartoonish decal. A very cheap way to mimic a Plymouth Road Runner. How can you compare the two?

Really?? Look at that Fugly POS... If I saw that at a show I would look for the owner so I could personally ask them why they ruined a good car.

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Really?? Look at that Fugly POS... If I saw that at a show I would look for the owner so I could personally ask them why they ruined a good car.
I didn't say that I liked it. All I was trying to say is that a lot more effort and money went into these Daytona and Super Bird conversions than the big decal Road Runner.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts