Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a true story you can not make this stuff up....So I went to my local Dodge dealer and asked the salesman "if they had any informationl brochures for the new line of Dodge Scat Pack products coming out in the spring?"
the saleman's response was "what's a Dodge Scat Pack ?"

I explained tho him what is was and his response was...."oh I have not been trained in that product yet."

I then noticed on his baseball cap style cap(yeah a saleman wearing a baseball style cap) the embroidered script that said ''CHEVROLET."

I knew I was definitely not speaking with a knowledable Dodge salesman and bolted out of this Dealership.

WHEW !!!:yikes:

·
Banned
946 Posts
Yeah I was ordering a part the other day and asked the parts guy if he had any info on the new scat pack stuff. He had no knowledge of it or that it was even going to be future options sold by Mopar. I explained what it was and what not. He told me that he can't even order a new catalog for 2013-14. When he request a "new" catalog, they send him one from 2010. He said they are always the last to know. He has people all the time order or give info of parts they never knew they could order... It's really sad....

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Not surprising on the salesperson...And my local dealer's parts department has the same complaints with being the last to know something.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
It is one thing to not know what is new... but it is a completely different thing to be wearing a Chevy hat in a Chrysler dealership.... wow.... Do they sell Chevrolets there as well?

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I'm surprised that another employee in the dealer didn't say something about him wearing that hat. I know that I wouldn't have even bothered with him if I saw him doing that. The first question I ask any salesman when I first talk to them is "What do you drive?" and if it's anything other than the brand they sell I move on to someone else. I have a difficult time taking somebody's opinion seriously if they don't live with the vehicles they sell on a daily basis. I'm loyal to Dodge because they have always been reliable to me. I can't trust in anyone if they can't tell me anything about the vehicle's ability citing real world experience and examples.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I'm surprised that another employee in the dealer didn't say something about him wearing that hat. I know that I wouldn't have even bothered with him if I saw him doing that. The first question I ask any salesman when I first talk to them is "What do you drive?" and if it's anything other than the brand they sell I move on to someone else. I have a difficult time taking somebody's opinion seriously if they don't live with the vehicles they sell on a daily basis. I'm loyal to Dodge because they have always been reliable to me. I can't trust in anyone if they can't tell me anything about the vehicle's ability citing real world experience and examples.
Well... I know a buddy of mine is a salesman at a Chevrolet dealership and is a huge Mopar man... has an over 700 HP Challenger... he knows Chevrolets in and out..... does that mean he has to trade in his Challenger or RAM truck ASAP? He works there because he needs a job.... when you need a job you cannot simply wait for a Chrysler dealership to hire you.

If you become a person that sells homes for a home builder does that mean you must sell your house and have a home built by the homebuilder you work for?

I work for a company that sells food... does that mean I must always eat only there food?

I think as long as you are a good employee and know the product well enough to sell it that should be sufficient.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had a service mechanic come out and look at my car "he needed the vin of a recall" he sees my 392 badge and says wow 392 hourse power that's alot and the asked me what year my car was. I understand they might not see that many Srts but they should read a brochure if they are going to want to work on my car!

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I had a service mechanic come out and look at my car "he needed the vin of a recall" he sees my 392 badge and says wow 392 hourse power that's alot and the asked me what year my car was. I understand they might not see that many Srts but they should read a brochure if they are going to want to work on my car!
Now that is truly sad....

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Well... I know a buddy of mine is a salesman at a Chevrolet dealership and is a huge Mopar man... has an over 700 HP Challenger... he knows Chevrolets in and out..... does that mean he has to trade in his Challenger or RAM truck ASAP? He works there because he needs a job.... when you need a job you cannot simply wait for a Chrysler dealership to hire you.

If you become a person that sells homes for a home builder does that mean you must sell your house and have a home built by the homebuilder you work for?

I work for a company that sells food... does that mean I must always eat only there food?

I think as long as you are a good employee and know the product well enough to sell it that should be sufficient.
Doesn't mean they couldn't use one of the Mopar models for a week or something to gain some product knowledge and experience with the vehicles. Just like it doesn't mean you couldn't sample some of your company's products to know what you're selling.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Doesn't mean they couldn't use one of the Mopar models for a week or something to gain some product knowledge and experience with the vehicles. Just like it doesn't mean you couldn't sample some of your company's products to know what you're selling.
True... provided that the ownership of the dealership allows all sales employees to drive the cars home.... I know the SRT folks on this forum and most Challenger folks do NOT like to see more than 10 miles on the odometers when they buy a Challenger though. Some threads on this forum question over 5 miles on the odometer thinking that someone took the car on a joyride around the block.

·
Vendor
12,220 Posts
Yeah I was ordering a part the other day and asked the parts guy if he had any info on the new scat pack stuff. He had no knowledge of it or that it was even going to be future options sold by Mopar. I explained what it was and what not. He told me that he can't even order a new catalog for 2013-14. When he request a "new" catalog, they send him one from 2010. He said they are always the last to know. He has people all the time order or give info of parts they never knew they could order... It's really sad....

parts advisor was correct, the last performance catalog is a 2010 edition
Luke

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
That's true thought you could always get one from the rent-a-car department in conjunction with the body shop

·
Vendor
12,220 Posts
chrysler is notoriously bad at communicating info, often the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing, we complain about this all the time
Luke

in the performance side's defense, that department has been obliterated during the bk, and as never been restaff to speak off....hard to do a bunch of r&d when no one is there to do it
Luke

·
Premium Member
968 Posts

Did you request he not be the person to perform the work?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts