Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
I know exactly what it means. Are you really asking this question tho? :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I suppose there's a interrogation sign next to my statement. Lol.

Yes Sir, i'm Asking as I am guessing it wouldnt be more than 12 mpg and can be only recommended for drag strip even if its a street legal one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts
So did they make it street legal? And how much will be the mpg fuel consumption?

MPG is probably similar to Hellcat 13 / 21 - 16 comb.

for comparison, the '08 SRT Challenger [6.1 / A5] was 13 / 18 and 14 / 22 with M6.

6.1s never had MDS, as the same is for the Hellcat and Demon engines - no MDS

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
MPG is probably similar to Hellcat 13 / 21 - 16 comb.

for comparison, the '08 SRT Challenger [6.1 / A5] was 13 / 18 and 14 / 22 with M6.

6.1s never had MDS, as the same is for the Hellcat and Demon engines - no MDS

The srt392 also gives the same! Struggling to rev it up to 19-21 on city!

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Well most of us in this forum already did! Rofl. Any srt is a pain when it comes to gas and demon would be no different i suppose, may be a mile or two lesser than hellcat.

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
A lot of money, I was thinking high 70s. You can buy the crate for a dollar but the value is 6 grand so that has to be figured in, so for a dollar you really have no choice but to buy it. Same with the other options that are $1, you're already paying for it so may as well take them. It's a cool car but 21 grand more than a Hellcat? Big bucks.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
A lot of money, I was thinking high 70s. You can buy the crate for a dollar but the value is 6 grand so that has to be figured in, so for a dollar you really have no choice but to buy it. Same with the other options that are $1, you're already paying for it so may as well take them. It's a cool car but 21 grand more than a Hellcat? Big bucks.

I am assuming including the taxes and other features and insurance, it would be lot more. And moreover insurance companies already know that if you are buying this car, you would either drive speed or race like a roadrunner!

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
I am assuming including the taxes and other features and insurance, it would be lot more. And moreover insurance companies already know that if you are buying this car, you would either drive speed or race like a roadrunner!

Oh yeah definitely, some of these cars with dealer markup will probably be 150 out the door.

On the insurance, Hagerty has partnered with Dodge but don't know if that is for on road or track only.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Oh yeah definitely, some of these cars with dealer markup will probably be 150 out the door.

On the insurance, Hagerty has partnered with Dodge but don't know if that is for on road or track only.

Haha, one funny thing i just did, calling Hagerty and asking to insure my srt392, they said they dont. Only classic cars are allowed. Rofl.

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
Haha, one funny thing i just did, calling Hagerty and asking to insure my srt392, they said they dont. Only classic cars are allowed. Rofl.

I thought they would under certain conditions, I know it can't be your only car and you need another daily driver. Has to be garaged, no driving to work, errands, transportation, etc. Strictly pleasure use or car shows only.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
I thought they would under certain conditions, I know it can't be your only car and you need another daily driver. Has to be garaged, no driving to work, errands, transportation, etc. Strictly pleasure use or car shows only.

Got it, yes they should be only for pleasure use. But for demon the contract might be different as they know it would be a street car, so consumers should be ready with a bigger amount. ☹. But however it would be cheaper than Geico i suppose.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That is actually less that I was expecting, so I'm pleasantly surprised. I agree that the stealers will have a field day with markups and exclusivity pricing, but I expected the MSRP base pricing to be in the high $90s. Interesting!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts