Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dodge//SRT to reveal its new 2021 lineup at noon ET on July 2, 2020, at dodge.com

Dodge//SRT is creating some fireworks of its own leading into the July 4 holiday weekend, taking its obsession with American muscle and unmatched performance to the next level with the reveal of its new 2021 muscle car lineup at dodge.com on July 2, 2020, at noon ET.

To mark the occasion, Dodge has created a rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner” with sounds of its iconic supercharged HEMI® engines. The combination of high-speed revving, upshifting, downshifting and supercharger whines comes together to make a one-of-a-kind national anthem, Dodge performance style.

“The sound of a screaming supercharged HEMI is so distinctive that this teaser video doesn’t need a single image ... if you know, you know,” said Tim Kuniskis, Global Head of Alfa Romeo and Head of Passenger Cars – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA – North America. “Tune in July 2 to celebrate with Dodge the pursuit of life, liberty and 8,950 horsepower.”

Initial 30-second teaser video will launch on dodge.com. Dodge will continue to build anticipation throughout the week leading up to the reveal. On July 1, the brand will share three more unique teaser videos with its nearly 12 million highly engaged fans across its social media channels, one each on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Check out all three Dodge social media channels to see all three of the unique teasers. One final reminder teaser will launch across all Dodge social media channels on July 2, the morning of the reveal.

“If you listen closely, and we know our fans will, you will get a taste of what’s coming for Dodge//SRT in 2021,” Kuniskis added. “We think our fans will pick up on a few key notes.”

Dodge//SRT’s full passion for performance will be on full display at the July 2 reveal, which can be viewed at dodge.com.

After the July 2 reveal, Dodge//SRT will introduce a new full-length second video that showcases its new performance lineup set to the music created for the teaser.

A Guy

·
Registered
774 Posts
Cool! :cool:

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,810 Posts
Thanks for the teaser! I'm looking forward to what is new (but my guess is not much is going to change except for possibly some colors or something like that, but no body redesigns or bringing the Viper back or something Really Exciting like that).

Just a guess though, but I'm staying tuned to see what's coming up.

·
Premium Member
Charger Forged 392 E-Force
384 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
From MotorTrend: "adding together every current Hellcat model plus a Durango Hellcat only gets you to 5,129 hp. Add in models powered by the naturally aspirated 6.4-liter V-8 and the sum still falls short of 8,950, which leads us to believe Dodge has more than just a Durango Hellcat up its sleeve."

Dodge Teases 8,950-HP 2021 Performance Lineup With Exhaust Noise and Electric Guitars
Probably an electric vehicle with the electric guitar sounds in the background.

Although Dodge owns the advertising game.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Dang, I was thinking of taking a drive to look at a Challenger in the morning, but better wait to see if there will be any updates or power bumps to the 21 Scat Pack first (which I doubt). I just hope they don't discontinue the HP rebate by then.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Is there any hope for a 426 N/A engine for 2021??

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sounds like a truck starter.
If they make significant changes to the chally in 2021 I will trade my SP for sure, there was brand new 2018 Hellcat in my local dealer for 55k and I was so tempted to trade in my 19 SP but I have made some custom mods that I have grown attached to, but that 2018 Hellcat is still there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Man 55k isn't really that much more than a WB 50th I would like to get. But then again its most likely a base model with cloth seats and then you have to deal with increased insurance rates, gas and maintenance, ect...

I sure hope they extend the PD incentive another month or two after today too.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Man 55k isn't really that much more than a WB 50th I would like to get. But then again its most likely a base model with cloth seats and then you have to deal with increased insurance rates, gas and maintenance, ect...

I sure hope they extend the PD incentive another month or two after today too.
This 2018 non WB HC as upgrades like the plus package, satin hood, sunroof the original MSRP is listed at 74k, but it has the older hood and spoiler so
I would like to update it Hood and spoiler etc.i would at least take a 5k hit on what I have paid Into the car but I don’t want to get it then soon they do Change it next year or so and for some reason idk I have always had bad luck with non natural aspired cars, my ZL1 and my GT500 all have been temperamental just had bad luck with supercharged cars, however all my natural aspired cars have never had any issues

·
Registered
337 Posts
What I got out of that was Dodge will be a 3 vehicle brand, just like Chrysler. Wait, that's actually two vehicles.
They haven’t done anything new or exciting with the Chrysler brand I don’t they even have a SRT option on the Chrysler currently and for a while I seen older SRT 300 but idk if they still make them, Chrysler is become like the ugly step child lol

·
Super Moderator
15,581 Posts
What I got out of that was Dodge will be a 3 vehicle brand, just like Chrysler. Wait, that's actually two vehicles.
I believe that Ram trucks will fold back under the Dodge name plate in the future.

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
217 Posts
I believe that Ram trucks will fold back under the Dodge name plate in the future.
It should, EVERYONE still calls them DODGE Rams. I know I still do, car and truck enthusiasts still do, car journalists still do, mechanics still do, salespeople at the dealerships still do....but, I think the bean counters might keep it separate. Ram split out has some really good numbers, and has worked out better than when SRT tried to break out into its own division, plus its easier to keep a completely different type of vehicle separated.

But, people will continue to refer to them as Dodge Rams regardless. I know watching this reveal, I kept waiting for the new Ram TRX to be debuted, until I remembered that Ram is split off from Dodge and this was a Dodge event. Then 5 minutes later I'd forget and be like, "wheres the TRX???" and then remember again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts