Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 547 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Dodge Barracuda Forum

With the introduction of the new 2011 Challenger SRT8 392 at the SEMA Show last week, Dodge brand boss and Chrysler design chief Ralf Gilles dropped a bit hint at the return of the Plymouth Barracuda.

"There's a lot of pressure on us to bring the 'Cuda back," said Gilles to a crowd of Mopar loyalists. "The customers have been stomping their feet for it."

There's no doubt Gilles wouldn't have brought it up were it not in the works and with Chrysler looking to breath new life into the brand while retaining loyalists, we'd expect to see a new HEMI 'Cuda in the not-too-distant future.

As for the fact that the Plymouth brand has been long dead: that's just a detail at this point.

More: Dodge to Resurrect Plymouth Barracuda on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
155 Posts
When I was at Mr. Norm's in Rockford, IL a few weeks ago, they were in the process of converting two new Challengers into Hemi Cuda convertibles. Both of them looked great.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The only thing I'd really want from the 'Cuda over what the modern Challenger already has is the shaker hood. I'd LOVE to see a stock one. The modern Challenger already pulls a lot of the styling I really liked from the original 'Cuda.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I wish they would do it as a base musclecar instead of loading up on all the options in the book to get a performance model make it competitive with the Mustang so college kids and people like me in their early 20's could afford it.

$.02

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it... :stickpoke:
For those that REALLY want one now, they can get the Mr. Norm's version... :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
Would be cool! But A Dodge Cuda?

Would need to bring back Plymouth to do it right if you ask me....maybe I am just weird like that LOL
If past history means anything, much like the Plymouth Prowler became the Chrysler Prowler when the Plymouth line was retired, the 'Cuda would logically be in the Chrysler line

·
Registered
463 Posts
A convertible with a shaker hood from the factory with Hemicuda styling cues. With the 392 (426 better!) and six speed stick I'd be an owner, no doubt.

·
Registered
147 Posts
you are assuming the 'cuda would be based on the Challenger - not the Charger
Why would they base a modern day 'cuda on the Charger? The original Plymouth 'cuda was the Plymouth analog to the Dodgle Challenger. Also, take a look at a picture of a '71 HEMI 'cuda and compare it to the modern Challenger. It's actually a closer look than the modern Challenger is to the 70s Challenger as far as body panels go. Sure there are differences in the grill, rear-end and hood styling, but a 2010 Challenger is darn close to a '71 Hemi 'cuda, so that would be the logical base to start with.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Last time I checked the Challenger was based on the Charger...lol. Our platform is nearly identical, Just a little bit shorter. What they need to do is make a shorter wheelbase platform, 400lbs less weight and the ammenties stripped out with the 5.7 and 6.4L engines as the options. Sell it for $30K as a Plymouth.

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
desert - you are ab right!! we are based on the same platform

and if they bring that 'cuda out with more CHARGER than CHALLENGER lines - I am going to recustomize my front and rear - throw on a Mr Norms 'cuda grille - and rebadge as a 'cuda JUST to mess up minds :)

1 - 20 of 547 Posts