Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Point is.... Busch didn't have the fastest car. Hamlin's Toyota seemed to have it. Even though he was disqualified for going below the yellow line.

But, again you take what's handed to you.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That was some bizzare racing there. Even at Talladega since they repaved the track we have not seen racing like that. They have to race by 2 one pushing and one pulling and it seems 3 cars won't work.

This is gonna be a whole different Daytona 500 than what we're used to and it looks like the old sling shot move can work, now they just have to time it right.

·
Registered
741 Posts
That was some bizarre racing there. Even at Talladega since they repaved the track we have not seen racing like that. They have to race by 2 one pushing and one pulling and it seems 3 cars won't work.

This is gonna be a whole different Daytona 500 than what we're used to and it looks like the old sling shot move can work, now they just have to time it right.
emphasis on bizarre, going to be a crap race again unless they tweak it but good this week.

at one time there was 6-2 car duos in the same frame and it looked stupid as hell. they may as well tie them together like the trailer races they have in England.

on another note ford announced that they want to use the mustang front and rear fascias in the top tier in 2013, trying to get back to the win on Sunday sell on Monday like it was back in the REAL stock car days.
makes me wonder if Dodge can be far behind since they already run in the nationwide series. so far Chevy is adamant that no way will they bring the camaro.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
question, what engine is in the new toyotas this year at nascar?

go Dodge:)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Point is.... Busch didn't have the fastest car. Hamlin's Toyota seemed to have it. Even though he was disqualified for going below the yellow line.

But, again you take what's handed to you.
While I am happy for Kurt, you are right. Ryan Newman was hosed out of the win because Hamlin decided to leave him hanging in turn 4 (predictable). As a result Hamlin took himself and Newman out of the picture leaving the door open for Kurt who was still being pushed by McMurray.

That said, the new Charger decals look nice on the 2011 car. But the Nationwide Challenger still looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.:guiness:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Ryan Newman was hosed out of the win because Hamlin decided to leave him hanging in turn 4 (predictable). As a result Hamlin took himself and Newman out of the picture leaving the door open for Kurt who was still being pushed by McMurray.

That said, the new Charger decals look nice on the 2011 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.:guiness:
Hosed out of the win? Really? So Denny is being paid to just push someone else across the finish line? Give me a break. They're not even teammates. It is everyone's job to win the damn race, not push someone else. Teaming up is essential to getting to the front, but in the last few turns it is everyone's responsibility to try for the win. And I will add that Denny could have won simply by holding his ground and chancing a wreck with Ryan but chose to disqualify himself instead of possibly taking out three other cars, so give him credit, not criticism.

I do however agree that the decals look good!

Oh and BTW...the engine block I believe is the only thing on that car that is from Dodge. But yes..GO DODGE!
And thank god they dumped the front splitter, that thing was FUGGLY!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
It's kind of sad that there really isn't much that is different on these cars. They are all cookie cutter cars accept for the frickin' stickers.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Naaah... get rid of the restrictor plates and let them run. These guys know what th risks are. Also, get rid of the chase... Go back to the old way, the guy that amasses the most points wins.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Naaah... get rid of the restrictor plates and let them run. These guys know what th risks are. Also, get rid of the chase... Go back to the old way, the guy that amasses the most points wins.

I like the kind of racing restrictor plates make and the speeds are pretty much as high as they've ever been so i wouldn't take them out.

As far as the chase goes, i would definitely come back to the old way. There's no point of trying to make some ''Playoffs'' in racing. If they really want to do playoffs, they should take some cars out at every week the chase is run as in any other sport that has playoffs, a losing team is eliminated and can't interfere anymore. So instead of being 43 cars at every races, they would cut the field to 35 then 25... But that will never happen and i hope never happens unless they take the toyotas and any other import manufacturer out.

The old way was the way to go, maybe not as spectacular but racing (any form of racing) should always crown the most consistent guy, That's who deserves to win.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
These races are a joke. There is nothing on that car that is on a charger.
Nascar is a joke.
Bring back stock car racing from the past where they pulled the rear seats out and put on a helmet. That's how you judge a production car on the track.

·
Registered
988 Posts
These races are a joke. There is nothing on that car that is on a charger.
Nascar is a joke.
Bring back stock car racing from the past where they pulled the rear seats out and put on a helmet. That's how you judge a production car on the track.
Those days are gone along with the leather helmet that the driver wore. Even when I was turning wrenches on a dirt track car (427 Ford Mustang) the only thing stock was the sheet metal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts