Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone now is there a cabin air filter installed in this vehicle from factory??? drove 1300 miles each way to Florida smelled everyone's exhaust............. TRUCKS, awful:scratchhead: Thanks, ST

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was told that it does but I've never pulled the cover to actually see it in there. Under the hood on the right side (passanger side) near the windshield is a clip on cover, remove the cover and it's under there.

·
Super Moderator
15,969 Posts
None of the Challenger models come with the cabin air filter from the factory.

Its a feature on the Chrysler 300, but it can be retrofitted into our cars. I've done this mod on my '09 when I got the car -

The OEM filter isn't an activated charcoal (for odors), but it will filter out dust, pollen.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Now I'm going to go home and check mine..... ;)

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
I smell another mod coming.......no pun intended, Badda Bing!

·
Registered
205 Posts
no filter on mine.. i actually popped the cover off the first time last month when the windshield washer line popped off and was dumping rain-x.

if youre smelling outside odors you dont like, set the air selector to interior recirculation.. that will resolve your problem completely. the hvac must be OFF of defrost. defrost uses outside air by default.

BTW...
the reason no airfilter was fitted to the challenger from the factory... is because it wasnt designed to follow. it was designed to lead. get off your ass and pass people, you wont be left sucking exhaust. :p

:D

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm thinking just throwing some sort of filter will do the trick. I mean you don't really need something that fits perfectly just to filter incoming air.

·
Registered
820 Posts
None of the Challenger models come with the cabin air filter from the factory.

Its a feature on the Chrysler 300, but it can be retrofitted into our cars. I've done this mod on my '09 when I got the car -

The OEM filter isn't an activated charcoal (for odors), but it will filter out dust, pollen.
Not true my 2011 has it but my 2009 didn't I think they got smart and started putting them in the Challenger.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
no filter on mine.. i actually popped the cover off the first time last month when the windshield washer line popped off and was dumping rain-x.

if youre smelling outside odors you dont like, set the air selector to interior recirculation.. that will resolve your problem completely. the hvac must be OFF of defrost. defrost uses outside air by default.

BTW...
the reason no airfilter was fitted to the challenger from the factory... is because it wasnt designed to follow. it was designed to lead. get off your ass and pass people, you wont be left sucking exhaust. :p

:D
Smart Ass!
But, a "good one"!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Let me know if someone does do one as a mod.
I'll need pictures!

I did check mine last week; just to be disappointed.
Even all my 5 PT Cruisers had the box - even if it didn't have a filter in it!
Duh, Chrysler!
:fight:

·
Registered
186 Posts
You can also buy activated charcoal Moso bags for odors. They work really well and have no scent. I have 1 in each car and it beats any air freshener you can buy.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
thats not true my 2011 srt8 has one from the factory. i just changed it and boy was it dirty

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
I don`t know is on third......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts