Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack M6
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading about the forced 1-4 shift with the tr6060. I have 600 miles on my new '20 scat and haven't felt this or seen any light come on in the dash. Does my car not have this feature or have I just missed it? Not looking forward to trying to pull out in traffic and have the trans hit 4th.

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
It deactivates in sport mode and only activates under specific conditions.

Basically it only happens if the engine is up to temp and you are very light on the throttle.

The couple times it has happened to me (forgot to put it in sport mode) I just go to 3rd.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
873 Posts
I've been reading about the forced 1-4 shift with the tr6060. I have 600 miles on my new '20 scat and haven't felt this or seen any light come on in the dash. Does my car not have this feature or have I just missed it? Not looking forward to trying to pull out in traffic and have the trans hit 4th.

Thanks folks!
Oh, it's there. As @OregonScat said, it takes a certain set of circumstances for the Skip Shift to engage.

My experience was (I installed the @Speedlogix Skip Shift Eliminator) that it seemed to engage when I was in traffic - like on Game Day - when I was going too fast for 1st Gear but couldn't go fast enough for 4th Gear. Just frustrating.

The Skip Shift Eliminator is relatively inexpensive and is one of the easiest mods you'll ever do. It's truly plug-and-play.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack M6
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh, ok thanks. I've been mostly in sport or track mode. I didn't start stomping on it until after I followed the 500 mile break in procedure though so I'm surprised it didn't happen to me around town during break-in with street mode. Will the skip shift eliminator show in the logs on my pcm? I'm concerned about voiding a warranty if there are potential issues with anything down the road.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ahh, ok thanks. I've been mostly in sport or track mode. I didn't start stomping on it until after I followed the 500 mile break in procedure though so I'm surprised it didn't happen to me around town during break-in with street mode. Will the skip shift eliminator show in the logs on my pcm? I'm concerned about voiding a warranty if there are potential issues with anything down the road.
There's no imaginable way the SSE could cause any type of component or system failure, so it has zero effect on warranty.

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
521 Posts
It's skipped on me once in the 5k miles I've driven it. Not nearly enough for me to need to worry about disabling it

·
Registered
2020 50th Anniversary Go Mango Scat Pack Shaker M6
12 Posts
I tested this out in my 2020 Scat when I read about it, definitely happens.

30km/h and light on the gas and it will through you into 4th instead of 2nd.

I had read posts about people almost having disasters from it, but I found it very obvious when it happens and easy to navigate.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It will only happen at 20 mph !!

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
I've also seen the near disaster comments in other posts but don't understand it, if you are pulling out in front of someone so close as to be in a collision if the skip shift activates, then you should be into the throttle enough to where it would never activate anyway. But maybe really they ought to look at their driving habits and the way they cut people off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
I know there is a harness that disables it pretty cheap and I think the clutch delay valve delete is free (just time). I have an A8 so that is all I know, oh wait, HP Tuners can disable Skip Shift, a little pricey if that is all you want to do, I am uncertain if Alfa OBD can do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts