Dodge Challenger Forum banner

421 - 440 of 462 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger 392
308 Posts
Dodge is not going to honor a warranty because you lost 5, 10, 15 or whatever horsepower due to oil coating your intake. That's what we're talking about here not a catastrophic engine failure but a degradation of performance over a period of time. Dodge sees that degradation as a part of running the car and hopes you will buy a new one. They also don't put them on cars because they know most people are lazy and it would never get emptied.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
They will if the engine loses more than that, which is what people like you are claiming. People have brought their Hellcats in for "loss of performance" and had techs look them over with a fine toothed comb to look for issues, some even had super charger replacements that didn't warrant them.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Cars that are stock are covered, period. Even if it's on a race track, you are covered. Now once you start modifying them, well who knows.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
That's flawed logic....it clearly states in the Mopar warranty "Mopar warranties do not cover costs of repairing damage or conditions caused by negligence or misuse ( driving over curbs, or overloading or racing). Now how do you define racing you may ask? My guess is they would the same way they do for insurance purposes....A TIMED event at a location designated for such events. So if you run a T&T yes you are "racing"

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger 392
308 Posts
That's flawed logic....it clearly states in the Mopar warranty "Mopar warranties do not cover costs of repairing damage or conditions caused by negligence or misuse ( driving over curbs, or overloading or racing). Now how do you define racing you may ask? My guess is they would the same way they do for insurance purposes....A TIMED event at a location designated for such events. So if you run a T&T yes you are "racing"

Stock cars were warrantied without issues if they broke at yhe dragstrip, keyword is stock. The SRT techs have even said as much.

There are countless examples of stock hellcats snapping a driveshaft at the drag strip and being warrantied for it

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Stock cars were warrantied without issues if they broke at yhe dragstrip, keyword is stock. The SRT techs have even said as much.

There are countless examples of stock hellcats snapping a driveshaft at the drag strip and being warrantied for it
Driveshaft is a whole lot cheaper replacement than a new engine. Not saying they wouldn't but the wording is there in the warranty to allow them not to if they so choose.

·
Registered
Hellcat
979 Posts

So when your doing AutoX in your 16 SP and it breaks, are you going to eat the cost or bring it in for repair under warranty? You race too Steve, We all know the risk and that each major repair is considered in a case by case basis. I have to agree that with a totally stock vehicle your chances are better for a warrantied repair. We have seen from other posts that a catch can might raise a question. one part of the warranty states no racing, owners manual states 1500 miles before a track event. So roll dice and place your bets. I'm with you fellas

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
So when your doing AutoX in your 16 SP and it breaks, are you going to eat the cost or bring it in for repair under warranty? You race too Steve, We all know the risk and that each major repair is considered in a case by case basis. I have to agree that with a totally stock vehicle your chances are better for a warrantied repair. We have seen from other posts that a catch can might raise a question. one part of the warranty states no racing, owners manual states 1500 miles before a track event. So roll dice and place your bets. I'm with you fellas
Never tried to hide the fact that i participate in on track activities. And never stated that I expected FCA to cover everything I did. Gotta pay to play. Of course if something breaks under warranty I'm going to try and see if it's covered. But if they say no am I going to pitch a fit and give FCA hell like others have stated here......nope. I know the risks and I'm willing to pay for anything that breaks as a result of my activities. I practice what I preach.

Same thing goes for auto insurance. Are you willing to pay if you wreck at the strip? You better be. You might get it covered but it doesn't have to be.

·
Registered
Hellcat
979 Posts
Never tried to hide the fact that i participate in on track activities. And never stated that I expected FCA to cover everything I did. Gotta pay to play. Of course if something breaks under warranty I'm going to try and see if it's covered. But if they say no am I going to pitch a fit and give FCA hell like others have stated here......nope. I know the risks and I'm willing to pay for anything that breaks as a result of my activities. I practice what I preach.

Same thing goes for auto insurance. Are you willing to pay if you wreck at the strip? You better be. You might get it covered but it doesn't have to be.

Agree100%. .take your chances. If it breaks, bring it in and tell them it broke and walk away, the bill is either zero under warranty or you pay . If I wreck at the track or someone takes me out, I report the accident, if they pay fine, if not I pay the repair bill. Not going to commit insurance fraud.
For repairs it comes down to your relationship with the repairing dealer

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Agree100%. .take your chances. If it breaks, bring it in and tell them it broke and walk away, the bill is either zero under warranty or you pay . If I wreck at the track or someone takes me out, I report the accident, if they pay fine, if not I pay the repair bill. Not going to commit insurance fraud.
For repairs it comes down to your relationship with the repairing dealer
I completely agree.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just wanted to show my catch can results at 3500 miles after installing (I'm at 5,000 miles now on my '08 : ). It might only be 3 or 4 ounces, but that's 4 ounces that didn't go back to the intake. I'm sold...

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,181 Posts
This weekend I am going to take a picture (bore scope) of my GC 5.7 (+70k miles no catch can) and compare it to my challenger 5.7 (+20k miles with catch can on for ~5k). I wish I would have saved the before CC and after CC on the challenger but hopefully it will get the point across.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently replaced a 2018 Challenger RT TA Plus with a new 2019 Scat Pack Wide Body. One of the first mods I did was to add a JLT 3.0 Catch Can. The whole argument of "Do they work or not," well, I don't know the damage or harm that would result in the oil returning the way Dodge designed, but it did catch oil as the can is designed. I installed the catch can at 555 miles. Here is the oil that was in the can at 1,200 miles.. .....645 miles later. The last pictures, are, well, just because I love this car.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,856 Posts
Great pictures (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
225 Posts
👍 Great Pics sbrimer ! I must ask, what size Tire /wheel combo, package ? They look great.
I have stopped at that rest area before ! Wasn't my Challenger, but was in a Mopar rollin thru there.
D-ram w/CTD pulling a 28' Airstream.

Have a good one !

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,329 Posts
Wow can't believe we resurrected this old thread. Serious good stuff on these pages.

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,198 Posts
Where or should I Ask Who makes the one with the Clear container ?
Moroso make one with a petcock. Very easy to empty.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm going to empty mine in about an hour, It's been about 2000 miles and I want to see how long I can go before I need to check it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm going to empty mine in about an hour, It's been about 2000 miles and I want to see how long I can go before I need to check it.
Cool, I put mine on at 650, 2 months ago. I'll watch for you to post back and know it is time to check mine.

421 - 440 of 462 Posts