Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to drop the trans and address a fubar'd clutch. Can't find a DIY page on the page. Hoping someone can link me to one.

Clutches for these things are stupid expensive.

·
Registered
328 Posts
There's a guy with a hellcat who has some youtube videos of his clutch replacement. Also look on ebay, there's a shop that sells clutch and flywheel packages for $350 brand new take outs, they specialize in doing Hemi swaps on Wranglers and don't need those. I don't quite need a clutch replacement yet but scooped up a set just in case, for that price cant beat it.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
go to you tube and put in speedys garage.. there is a good how to on there

what ever you do measure your throw out bearing to clutch plates diamentions BEFORE you put it together if you are going with a aftermarket.. they seam to be all over the board can cause release issues.

also change your throw out bearing while you have it apart. and i would reccomend arp bolts for the flywheel.

it is a pain.. i have a lift and it is a pain.. grease the splines on the input shaft REAL WELL.

may the force be with you lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sticking with OEM. Aftermarket prices are stupid. OEM is stupid. I can't believe the prices

Car has been parked for about 2 months now. I drive it once a week to keep everything lubricated/spinning. Everything is already in the eBay cart.

Throwout bearing
OEM Sachs Clutch
Locator tool
Grease (per the tsb, can't remember name)

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
I'm sticking with OEM. Aftermarket prices are stupid. OEM is stupid. I can't believe the prices

Car has been parked for about 2 months now. I drive it once a week to keep everything lubricated/spinning. Everything is already in the eBay cart.

Throwout bearing
OEM Sachs Clutch
Locator tool
Grease (per the tsb, can't remember name)
also add that clutch to flywheel bolts are single use. this may also apply for flywheel to crank bolts (not sure)

Some of the bolts for the drive shaft to coupler might be single use - it was on the '14 and earlier.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yup^^^ That's the one I was talking about, I bought one from them just to have in case they were no longer selling them when I need one. Came in brand spanking new
Didnt scroll up far enough.. thats where i heard about it from lmao!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts