Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a 09 challenger srt8 six speed with a procharger supercharger. when it was installed the old coolant bottle that has the radiator cap was removed and a new one installed that came with the kit. aluminum... the new bottle did not rout the overflow hose back into the bottle as the old one did but rather to the floor. when driving under boost sometimes a little coolant runs out of the overflow to the floor not much. it is a irritating problem i asked my friend who is a mechanic and he said i could be losing compression which could be causing the problem i basically told him that was b...s... if i was losing compression it would run like crap and i would get a check engine light. anyway the question is does anyone on this site have this supercharger and did they have this problem and if so how did they fix it... i was going to mount a small overflow bottle somwhere on the car to catch this little excess coolant... also i do not have any air in my coolant system and my radiator cap is fine.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on guys , mods i really need help with this one if any of that coolant gets on my tires i will be sliding instead of driving i would really aprreciate it thanks in advance

·
Registered
435 Posts
You need to lower the level in the tank,so when it gets hot,it will not overflow.Either that or install a small catch can at the hose.You need a sealed overflow system for the dragstrip.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Are you sure the coolant is coming out of the overflow hose? There have been quite a few cases where the ProCharger HO coolant tank developed cracks and leaked fluid under pressure.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure the coolant is coming out of the overflow hose? There have been quite a few cases where the ProCharger HO coolant tank developed cracks and leaked fluid under pressure.
yes sir it is coming ftom the hose the tank failed one time already and they sent me a new one the problem is that the tank they use sends the hose to the floor ... now i have to search for a catch can small enough for the use i need really fustrating then i have to find somewhere to mount

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to lower the level in the tank,so when it gets hot,it will not overflow.Either that or install a small catch can at the hose.You need a sealed overflow system for the dragstrip.
thanks so much guess i will get on ebay and start looking around summit has some but they are to big

·
Registered
298 Posts
what did procharger say about this? I have been reading and commenting in every s/c thread I see because I want to learn more as I am getting ready to go the s/c route. This one interest me the most because procharger is I think the route I am going. This is the first time I have read about this problem on our cars, is this a common problem? Hopefully you get it fixed with the catch can.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what did procharger say about this? I have been reading and commenting in every s/c thread I see because I want to learn more as I am getting ready to go the s/c route. This one interest me the most because procharger is I think the route I am going. This is the first time I have read about this problem on our cars, is this a common problem? Hopefully you get it fixed with the catch can.
think about it for a moment go look at the tank you have now... it routes the overflow hose back into the bottle so any overflow goes back into the bottle with the new tank it routes to the ground.... what did procharger think was going to happen when they did this especially when your running boost there is a reason dodge routed the hose back into the bottle... as for talking to procharger it is a waste of time.... besides this small problem procharger is great there is one set up with procharger where the filter is mounted in the blower unit thus keeping enough space for the old bottle this costs a few hundred books more but probably worth it

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks for the info vinny32

1 - 9 of 9 Posts