Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 RT-Classic on order. It has been in D1 for 4 weeks and hasn't moved. Does anyone know if there are production issues at Brampton? Are they trying to get the new Chrysler 300s produced or something else? Dodge won't give me any other info except that the car is at D1 status.

Also, the route movement says D1 Ready to build and its location is Windsor Assembly. Does anyone know why it would say Windsor Assembly?

Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I also have a 2011 Classic on order. I ordered it early January and it was 3 weeks in D1 status to build day on Feb 11. On the 14th it went to the outside vendor for striping (JB status)and is still there. Dodge is pushing all the initial orders for the SRT through first. This has been a tough wait.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My SXT (US 26G) was ordered Nov.18 2010 Went D1 on Feb 18 and is stuck there I live 15 miles from the Brampton factory but they fill US orders first. I wonder how much longer this is going to take

·
Registered
301 Posts
What color did you order? I don't know for sure, but I imagine they do "runs" of different colors due to limitations on how many different colors they can run at once.

My RT Classic was D1 for 3 almost 3 weeks and it was black, so I don't think you have too much to worry about yet...If you are luck enough to get a quick run through Windsor AFTER the car is built, you can still be in great shape!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I ordered a Redline SRT on January 17th and it went to D1 on February 9th and it's still there. I'm also getting no stripes on the car and I'm still waiting. Chrysler/Dodge is said to have this policy that your car must be delivered 60 day's from the time you put your order in. We will see cause if this is true, they have until March 17th for me to have mine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I ordered a Redline SRT on January 17th and it went to D1 on February 9th and it's still there. I'm also getting no stripes on the car and I'm still waiting. Chrysler/Dodge is said to have this policy that your car must be delivered 60 day's from the time you put your order in. We will see cause if this is true, they have until March 17th for me to have mine.
I hope you are right. If this is the case, they better hop to it because they will have about nine days to get mine here.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What color did you order? I don't know for sure, but I imagine they do "runs" of different colors due to limitations on how many different colors they can run at once.

My RT Classic was D1 for 3 almost 3 weeks and it was black, so I don't think you have too much to worry about yet...If you are luck enough to get a quick run through Windsor AFTER the car is built, you can still be in great shape!
color is blackberry pearl. I was surprised that it went into D1 so fast, but then it just sits

·
Registered
421 Posts
Redline, it'd be nice if they had a policy of having you take delivery of your order by 60 days or it's free, lol.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Guys we are building as fast as we can , like has been mentioned we are working 6 days a week to get these cars built. The new charger , 300 and challenger are selling like hotcakes and we are doing what we can to get your cars built. Having a 3 HOT selling cars is a double edged sword , every company wants cars that sell but then trying to keep up to demand is the other side of it and we are trying. So please be patient and know we are doing everything we can. All I can tell you these cars are worth the wait !!

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Thank you for your encouragement. Please paint GREEN ones next:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Guys we are building as fast as we can , like has been mentioned we are working 6 days a week to get these cars built. The new charger , 300 and challenger are selling like hotcakes and we are doing what we can to get your cars built. Having a 3 HOT selling cars is a double edged sword , every company wants cars that sell but then trying to keep up to demand is the other side of it and we are trying. So please be patient and know we are doing everything we can. All I can tell you these cars are worth the wait !!
Yep, I can hear you on the increase demand using the same supply system. I try to be as patient as I can with the order for 2011. I agree that the wait will be worth the hassle. My mom has ordered an ie 392 and I'm thinking it should be here sometime in the end of March or beginning of April.

The order for the vehicle was placted on the 22nd of January. However, I also believe that the wait process is just another part of owning a highly-desired vehicle. Good luck to the folks up there at the Brampton facility!:)

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Patience is a virtue. If the Brampton plant rushes manufacturing to fill orders quickly, quality control will suffer. The weather is improving which should help with timely delivery of the cars after they are manufactured.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Patience is a virtue. If the Brampton plant rushes manufacturing to fill orders quickly, quality control will suffer. The weather is improving which should help with timely delivery of the cars after they are manufactured.
I'm channeling Gandhi these days. I know the fine people at Brampton are turning out the finest cars as fast as they can. But it's so close......

·
Registered
421 Posts
Got some news from my dealer this morning. My car hit the assembly line this morning and should be delivered to the dealer on the 18th. You know my face lit up when I heard that news. :)

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
This thread is starting to sound like threads from mid-2008 when so many of us were waiting for our cars. ;)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hope Dodge doesn't get rid of the $1000 RT rebate and low financing while I am waiting for my car. That wouldn't be right.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
*Tongue In Cheek*

Thank you for your encouragement. Please paint GREEN ones next:)
What he said!

Forget all the other colors.
Forget the SE's and RT's.
Forget the 300's, 200's, Avengers, Chargers, etc.!!

Make ONLY Green With Envy SRT8s!! :bigthumb:

And Make MINE first. Please?!?!

JFF:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts