Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered day 1 back in September, I have a VON but have no idea if I will ever get my car.

So I started shopping around for Hellcats that already have been built, with no luck.
However I talked to this dealer in Michigan who told me to give him my VON and he would check and see if he can get more info on what's going on with my car. He said being so close to Detroit had its privileges or something.

So last week dude sends this to me - "Hello, looks like your car is a D1 status...still a VON # Should go on the assembly line within the next week or two......maybe 3-4 weeks for shipment....Perfect timing for the weather breaking"

So I get all excited and write back to him to confirm and get more info. He does not reply to any of me emails now. Maybe he just made it all up? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
You would have a vin and not a von # if the car was at D1 status. You can call Chrysler customer care or SRT and give them your VON number.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Can anyone of you tell me the status of this car? It is in transit but it has a low vin # . I suppose because of the black satin hood. I may be able to buy it if I can get there in time. Vin is 2C3CDZC93FH713998

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I ordered day 1 back in September, I have a VON but have no idea if I will ever get my car.

So I started shopping around for Hellcats that already have been built, with no luck.
However I talked to this dealer in Michigan who told me to give him my VON and he would check and see if he can get more info on what's going on with my car. He said being so close to Detroit had its privileges or something.

So last week dude sends this to me - "Hello, looks like your car is a D1 status...still a VON # Should go on the assembly line within the next week or two......maybe 3-4 weeks for shipment....Perfect timing for the weather breaking"

So I get all excited and write back to him to confirm and get more info. He does not reply to any of me emails now. Maybe he just made it all up? :scratchhead:

As long as your dealer does not have an allocation for you, you will not be getting a car. What you need to do is talk to your dealer and find out if he is getting allocations The new allocations come out the second Tuesday of the month and are good for ordering from that Tuesday thru Friday of that week. If your order included a Sun Roof even if the dealer had a allocation don't expect a VIN till July or later. So if your dealer is getting allocations you need to find out where you are on his order list. Having placed the order in September I would think you should be near the top of the list. As for a VIN you only get a VIN when you go to "D" Status. Once in "D" status Dodge is going to build you a car ( but at this point you don't know when ). Now when it goes to "D1" your car should be scheduled with in a couple of weeks and a couple of weeks later you will have it

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can anyone of you tell me the status of this car? It is in transit but it has a low vin # . I suppose because of the black satin hood. I may be able to buy it if I can get there in time. Vin is 2C3CDZC93FH713998
You might want to start your own thread instead of jumping into this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts