Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Does anyone own or plan to order an Ivory Pearl Challenger?

• Yes, I own one

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Yes, I plan to order one

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • No, Ivory Pearl is not a proper color for a Challenger

Votes: 31 50.8%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If not, then consider this a petition to Dodge / Chrysler to leave this color for Chrysler 200/300s, for which it is well suited and start spraying Challengers with Plum Crazy in its place

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does anyone own or want an Ivory White Challenger? (Petition to Dodge / Chrys...

If it's anything that comes close to this color of this aventador. Then yes please put it on the challenger! It just looks classy and slick imho.

PS: By the way the doctor that drives it is very cool that was the first day he got it delivered and let me sit in it and even told me he liked my black top challenger. He's a huge car guy and wants the hellcat as well. I will ask him when I see him next what color he will get his hellcat in, because when he wants a car he gets it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No way Dodge will be making a paint change this far down the planning path.

White looks good...
Bright white, absolutely. There is an ivory pearl at my local dealer and it is too subdued / gray. Don't get me wrong, when white pearl is done right it pops, like the exotic above or the early 90s 300zx.

PS I screwed up the thread title and wrote the name of the color as ivory white instead of ivory pearl.

·
Premium Member
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Bright white, absolutely. There is an ivory pearl at my local dealer and it is too subdued / gray. Don't get me wrong, when white pearl is done right it pops, like the exotic above or the early 90s 300zx.

PS I screwed up the thread title and wrote the name of the color as ivory white instead of ivory pearl.
fixed it for you

Reactions: 15RT

·
Registered
190 Posts
Reactions: 70TA-09RT

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
this thread is funny lol

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
I wish I could see a the ivory on a challenger in person to make a decision. On what to order for the 2015.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
This is my opinion - Ivory Tri-Coat Pearl - 10x more interesting than Bright White. It has more dimension and depth.

Bright White w/o any graphics just looks...kind of plain. Most of the contours and body line highlights are flattened out by a solid white.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
The Ivory Pearl is my favorite white from Dodge. I preferred the old Stone White over Bright White, although I know many people prefer a purer white. The Alpine White in Vanishing Point is even darker than Stone White.

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
Nothing wrong with that color. We all found a color we liked so this is for those who don't like our choices.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Do you really believe, because you, personally are butt hurt that Dodge didn't do plum crazy, that they will drop a color; just as production starts, because you personally don't like it, all just for you, or the minority of Challenger owners who just happen to be on this forum? While I agree Dodge monitors this forum, just as well as other forums and car shows/events to get a feel of what people want, you have got a set of conjones to think your opinion is worth that much to Dodge. :lol:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nothing wrong with that color. We all found a color we liked so this is for those who don't like our choices.
And no offense to anyone who likes or owns the color. Fact is, it is not a popular color and with Bright White right next to it in the palate, they could drop it and sell out Plum Crazy, one of the oranges, Panther Pink, yellow or another HIP color in a heartbeat.

For those guys who own Ivory Pearl, you have something rare. Enjoy it.

Do you really believe, because you, personally are butt hurt that Dodge didn't do plum crazy, that they will drop a color; just as production starts, because you personally don't like it, all just for you, or the minority of Challenger owners who just happen to be on this forum? While I agree Dodge monitors this forum, just as well as other forums and car shows/events to get a feel of what people want, you have got a set of conjones to think your opinion is worth that much to Dodge. :lol:
I don't understand the hostility. It's a forum thread. JFC.

·
Premium Member
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I have seen the Ivory Pearl and it looks fantastic my gut thinks this will be the color that gets the short run sure would of liked to see the sepia interior combo :D

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
And no offense to anyone who likes or owns the color. Fact is, it is not a popular color and with Bright White right next to it in the palate, they could drop it and sell out Plum Crazy, one of the oranges, Panther Pink, yellow or another HIP color in a heartbeat.

For those guys who own Ivory Pearl, you have something rare. Enjoy it.

I don't understand the hostility. It's a forum thread. JFC.
No hositility. I am not understanding why you would post a poll meant for Dodge to take seriously. Just from the few responses so far, your opinion on the popularity of the color is in the minority. We get it, you want plum crazy and it's not available for the 15 model year. Get used to that idea. It's not going to change because you post a poll.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My last Challenger ('11 Classic) was bright white and I like the look. I'm planning on a '15 in Ivory Pearl with the white interior accents. Have to make my own Classic since I can't order the car the way I want it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
In my opinion, there should be a fourth option on the poll, that reads "no, it is not my color of choice" instead of having anyone who doesn't own or want one say it's not a "proper challenger color." I'm completely new to the Challenger scene, and I haven't seen Ivory Pearl in person, or many of the other colors, therefore I'm neutral, and didn't vote. While I agree that Plum Crazy and Hemi Orange are awesome colors, I don't think we can change Dodge's mind this late in the game as previously stated. I have visited many local dealers, trying to scope out what color I might want to order for my '15, and I think that Redline Pearl was my favorite so far. I have seen a few posts on here saying that Redline Pearl doesn't belong on a challenger either, but to each his own. My second choice would probably be Plum Crazy, but since it's not available for '15, I'll be going with the Redline Pearl. I'm curious now about how Ivory Pearl would look on a Challenger, and that might become an option too, once I go check one out at a dealer this weekend!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No hositility. I am not understanding why you would post a poll meant for Dodge to take seriously. Just from the few responses so far, your opinion on the popularity of the color is in the minority. We get it, you want plum crazy and it's not available for the 15 model year. Get used to that idea. It's not going to change because you post a poll.
I wouldn't expect them to take it seriously with a handful of responses. But it would be fun if it got someones attention. Yes I do want plum crazy, but I also like several others that are being offered now enough to be more than happy, and a couple others are growing on me.

And who knows what colors might get swapped in and out, and not because I post a poll, but maybe at Dodge's whim or per their yet undisclosed plans. A change in raw material availability could also shuffle things around like following the Japanese tsunami a couple of years ago when certain dyes were in short supply and certain colors were canceled throughout the industry

1 - 20 of 49 Posts