Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a nice amount for my 14 R/T Redline and I was told that a tuner would/could void my warranty. Is this something I will have to wait to get or is it something they wouldn't know about when I take it in for maintenance?

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Hang on!
This could turn into a long debate!
And when it's over you'll still be scratching your head!
Got that right! LOL

Guess the correct answer, in the end, depends on if you're selling them or buying one! LOL

Reactions: Bad daytona

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Really depends on the dealer, but No the tuner will not void the warranty, only if they can prove that the tune caused a failure of the engine could it cause the dealer to refuse to repair at their cost anything covered under warranty. My dealer has told me several times they do not care if my car has a tune loaded in it or not. still doesn't keep me from unloading the 93 CAI tune and loading the factory tune into it when i take it in for engine work, but I don't bother for something as small as an oil change.

Reactions: cmchristo

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
There are dealers who don't check these things

My local Dynotune bubba's gave me a list of "good and bad" dealerships. The one I go to hosts the Hampton Roads Mopar Club. They install aftermarket EVERYTHING. They have a group of mech's known as "Team Gold." This team consists of hardcore Mopar gearheads. They could care less about tunes. And they would never report them, much less even try to check for it.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
My dealer told me the rather know its tuned and save them time. Also told me to just put it back to stock and the leave the tuner with the car incase of theres a problem. But also said it would only void if the engine was blown apart and could prove the tune did it.

But now that its tuned my car will prolly on see the dealership for warranty work.

I actually got my tuner from a dealership so go figure!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I usually return the stock tune whenever I take it in for any type of maintenance at the dealer, only takes 10 minutes to load a tune, hardest part is the finishing stage turning ignition on and off with a pushbutton ignition.

I loaded the stock tune in last week in preparation for the recall work being done today, when I get the car home, first thing I'll do is reload the 93 cai tune.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts