Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking back on similar threads I can't determine...

1. If the fuse pull will help performance on the 2015 SRT 392?
2. Which fuse is it? 31?

I found one old thread that talked about reducing sensitivity of throttle response by pulling fuse and relearning for less sensitivity. Couldn't figure it out, however.
Is there some way to reduce the sensitivity to help get smoother launches?

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Some say 31 makes a difference. I know #2 on my 2012 was noticeable, but 31 on my '15 SRT 392 seems to make no difference.

When I got the car, the throttle was super sensitive, and it broke traction quite regularly. I took it to the dealership for some transmission issues, and they flashed the PCM. My throttle is much less sensitive now. Like, to the point of seeming less like a performance car, and more like any other car. I'm not really a fan, to be honest. I ramped up the throttle boost all the way with my Trinity, but it is still way less touchy than it used to be.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,222 Posts
I believe it's fuse #31, it certainly isn't going to hurt to pull it for 30 seconds or so and reinstall it. I can't say that I've ever noticed a big difference on the #2 fuse pull but I generally did it in the past before taking my R/T to the track. Some of it obviously depends on how you normally drive, if you drive it hard frequently my guess is you won't notice a difference, but it's worth a try.

As for letting the dealership flash the PCM, I understand sometimes you have to if the car is having issues but as long as my car is running well I always tell them to not touch the OBDII port, at least not without consulting with me.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't want it to feel like other cars either but it is so sensitive I have to start off super slow to avoid a chirp.
In fact, even in Default mode, that starts off in 2nd gear, it does it.
Last week I unintentionally did a short screech as I was approaching a police car staked out, in my town. He pulled out behind me and followed me. When I pulled over into a little parking area, where I thought he would follow, he just drove by. When I reached the Police station at the center of town he was pulled over in the parking lot and looked at me go by. :surprise:
I talked to one of the police lieutenants(a car guy I know) from the same station and he said he probably ran my number and saw I lived in that town and let it slide.

One old thread I found talked about positioning your foot differently would help with the problem. I think they recommended placing your foot higher up on the pedal so the heal of the foot would be more involved with the movement. Haven't tried it yet.

I'm headed up to the drag strip for my very first time, tonight. And I still have the Pirelli AS tires on it. I hope I don't embarrass myself too much.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
When I first got my car, the steering wheel was way in, towards the dash. I had the seat pretty far forward to reach it, and that may have affected the pedal sensitivity some. I moved the wheel way out, and moved the seat back. It is more comfortable, and I think I have better pedal control. That may be part of why I am not spinning the tires every time I pull away from a stop, like I was, but it is also less sensitive, for sure.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh BTW 70barcuda, did you happen to notice that I'm the same guy that asked the question on the other Challenger forum? My name is Diehard on that one but it got messed up on this one and never changed it.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,222 Posts
I'm headed up to the drag strip for my very first time, tonight. And I still have the Pirelli AS tires on it. I hope I don't embarrass myself too much.:grin2:
Since you are running street tires be sure to avoid the water box (no burnout needed) and you are going to have to feather it out of the hole. Even if there is really good track prep you most likely won't be able to floor it when you launch. Just ease into the throttle, you may have to make a few passes to get the hang of it but eventually you should be able to find that point of maximum traction just before the tires break loose. If you are going to go to the track very often though I'd suggest picking up some drag radials as they will make a big difference in your quarter mile times. Good luck at the track tonight. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
29 is for the transmission. 31 on the 2015+ is the same as #2 on the pre 2015s. Resets the adaptives. Depending on your driving habits you may not feel any difference by pulling it. I was told if your car is tuned it won't do anything.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Thanks, eager to hear how you did at the track.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking back at this old thread, where I had mentioned going to the drag strip for the first time, I don't know if I ever reported back on how I did. So hear it is...
Last fall, 1st time at a drag strip, with OEM Pirelli All Season tires.
Fairly consistent 13.1x ET's with spinning tires and wheel hop.

This spring I got 275/40 M/T ET Street S/S Drag tires and mounted them on my OEM wheels.

1st visit- I think I was babying it too much, afraid of wheel spin, etc.

but next visit I was hitting under 12.5 sec ET's with the best being 12.003 at about 115 mph. When I saw that I said WOW, that's just a hair away from the 11's.

Still stock except for tires and HC air intake.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
693 Posts
I go to track with as little fuel as possible...
Add 3 gallons of 100 Octane...
Pull the #31 fuse as I get car ready...Then replace...
PCM now has WOT to go by after 1st run...

Takes maybe a run or two...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I go to track with as little fuel as possible...
Add 3 gallons of 100 Octane...
Pull the #31 fuse as I get car ready...Then replace...
PCM now has WOT to go by after 1st run...

Takes maybe a run or two...

I'll have to try pulling that fuse when I get there, as you do.
I tried added 1/2 a can of +3 octane booster to 1/2 tank of gas, the last time out. Many say it doesn't help without a tune.

EDIT: Hey Jack44...is your car lowered?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
693 Posts
I'll have to try pulling that fuse when I get there, as you do.
I tried added 1/2 a can of +3 octane booster to 1/2 tank of gas, the last time out. Many say it doesn't help without a tune.

EDIT: Hey Jack44...is your car lowered?

Car not lowered...All stock...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Fwiw, many people have run well down into the 11s with A8 392 cars. 11.6 is the best time I think I've seen for a stock car with only drag radials.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts