Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2010 Rt classic w/ Track Pack. I had test drove a regular rt w/out track pack and was really disappointed in how quiet the car was, u could barely hear it running. so i already started saving to get a new exhaust. Well, i had just got my car delivered the other day which had track pack and started it up and WOW, it sounded awesome. sounded like it already had aftermarket exhaust on it. whats the deal?? i read on here that Track Pack cars have resonators instead of Mufflers or somthing like that?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I never heard that the exhaust are differant. The 6 speed is than differant than an auto but the track pack from what I read is just suspention and tire changes.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
The exhaust is the same on all 6-speeds.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yeah same here. I've only heard about suspension, brakes and tires being different. I was thinking that one car had a manual transmission and the other had an auto....no? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is what made me wonder. I found this on another post

Track Pak:
  • 6-Speed Tremec T6060 Transmission
  • Bright Racing Pedals
  • (Muffler is removed and replaced with two bottle resonators)
  • Full Off ESP Switch
  • Limited Slip Differential (This is a benefit only on the R/T, SRT8 has LSD whether Track Pak or not)
  • More aggressive gearing

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I just saw that too. I guess it was changed. I never saw that when I was order the car but I only looked at Autos.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I see what I was thinking about was the Super Track Pac an it has the same exhaust as the normal RT.
Super Track Pack which includes 20-inch wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1's, Nivomat shock-absorbers, larger rear stabilizer bar, a 3.06 rear-axle ratio, performance brake linings and a "ESC-off" button for the tire shredder in all of us

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know that mine sounds TOTALLY different than any rt that i have started at the lot. like i said the ones i have heard are as quiet as a v6

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Did you test a 6 speed? Their exaust is differant than the auto and doesn't sound like an SE. Yours might be louder but the normal 6 speed isn't that bad and if your running a CAI with a tune when you get on it it aint no SE eigther.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no i didnt test a 6 speed, all of the ones i have heard are autos. im glad mine is louder that i expected because that saves me from buying one

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
If you look thru the rest of the threadwere you copied that and peopple were showing what the track pac had it doesn't talk about the exhaust differances any more. The only place I saw that was on page 1 of a thread on here.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
The auto's have that big ass suitcase underneath and are pretty quiet.

The 6sp's get the 2 little guys below and sound decent... at least mine does with the CAI.

Just bend down and see what's under there. :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
First thing I noticed was the sound difference in my 2011 rt STP. I had a 09 rt auto and my new one sounds deeper , throatier, . To me it was very obvious

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Auto R/Ts are very quiet. A catback is a must for them to get rid of the suitcase middle muffler and for a better sound.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Guess you haven't heard mine as it does not sound like a SE

i know that mine sounds TOTALLY different than any rt that i have started at the lot. like i said the ones i have heard are as quiet as a v6

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm glad someone else finally mentioned this. My 2010 rt with STP sounds incredible. I have the Mopar CAI but that's it. It sounds wicked. I was thinking about getting a borla or corsa exhaust but I really dont think i need to. It sounds awesome like it is. I thought I was crazy until I read this. Now I know I'm not the only one that thinks my car sounds like it already has an upgraded exhaust.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I'm glad someone else finally mentioned this. My 2010 rt with STP sounds incredible. I have the Mopar CAI but that's it. It sounds wicked. I was thinking about getting a borla or corsa exhaust but I really dont think i need to. It sounds awesome like it is. I thought I was crazy until I read this. Now I know I'm not the only one that thinks my car sounds like it already has an upgraded exhaust.
It gets better. If you want a slightly louder rumble from the 6speed manual stock exhaust, try replacing the large, heavy back resonators with glass packs. A nice weight reduction as well.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
or just take them out and replace with Blastin Bobs pipes. Sounds the bomb.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya, i was planning on getting the Pypes Violator system, but im going to keep mine just like it is. The quiet exhaust sound on all of the Auto's i saw at the local dealers was one of my only complaints about the Challenger at first glance. I didnt understand why they would restrict the Hemi sound so much.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts