Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my car up yesterday and today realized that I have a tire pump instead of a spare. Does anyone else with a CORE have a spare? I don't have the HK package and never took the spare tire delete option.

·
Banned
946 Posts
It's just added weight anyways, my spare hangs in my garage with the jack. I've had two flats since I've owned my 2012 R/T and I was able to make it to a discount tire both times (they fix flats for free). Only time I see it being a need is if your planning to take a big road trip or run from the cops out in the desert (Vanishing Point), haha...

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
No spare tire is becoming increasingly common today.

·
Registered
456 Posts
No spare tire is becoming increasingly common today.
yeah, with everyone having cell phones and so many road side assistance options, a spare just isn't as needed as it once was. I would prefer to have one in most cars but I understand them not putting it in the srt.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
yeah, with everyone having cell phones and so many road side assistance options, a spare just isn't as needed as it once was. I would prefer to have one in most cars but I understand them not putting it in the srt.
In addition to this, some new cars (like BMW) use "Run Flat" tyres nowadays. You don't get a spare tyre but the price you pay for those includes the price of the spare tire that you don't get, lol!

·
Registered
968 Posts
For me it turned out to be a pain in the ass... Roadside assistance doesn't even know what SRT means, and apparently none of their approved towing companies have trucks capable of towing SRT models without destroying the chin spoiler... I was forced to use the pump and drive to the nearest dealership to get a new tire.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,115 Posts
For me it turned out to be a pain in the ass... Roadside assistance doesn't even know what SRT means, and apparently none of their approved towing companies have trucks capable of towing SRT models without destroying the chin spoiler... I was forced to use the pump and drive to the nearest dealership to get a new tire.
This is why I went through the trouble of getting a spare in my SRT with the proper spacer to clear the brembos

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
many high performance cars have no spare tire today

keep in mind that if you use that can of fix a flat = your tire is trashed and you need a new tire...I didn't know that, but found out when I took the tire in to be patched...they wont patch a tire that has been gooped up...its trash

try using the air first...if it wont hold good enough to get to a dealership, THEN use the fix a flat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts