Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 2015 392 8 speed have MDS? How about the 6 speed, no MDS ? The 6 speed is more "fun" factor for me personally.

·
Registered
16,296 Posts
Pretty sure it is the same as in previous 392 years...
AUTO - YES
MANUAL - NO

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I still hope there is a way to disable it on the 8 speed auto permanently through the settings menu somewhere cause I could do without MDS. V8 mode ALL. THE. TIME.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i think in sport mode the mds is off, someone correct me if I'm wrong....

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Auto - yes
Manual - no

The only time it is off is when you have the transmission in manual gear mode. Even in sport and track, MDS will kick in.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm guessing it'll be similar to how the 8-speed is in the Jeep GC. Put it into gear and it automatically goes into "Eco mode," i.e. slower shifts, softer throttle response, and MDS on the highway. With MDS engaged at 65 MPH on the highway in 8th I don't doubt the 5.7 will get great MPG, considering our Jeep has worse aerodynamics and can pull a solid 25-27 MPG at these speeds on flat ground. The lighter Challenger should do quite well for a car in this class.

That being said, the 8-speed is a great dual-personality transmission; pull the paddles or go into sport mode and it shifts quickly and the paddles have pretty solid feel/engagement. Should be even better on the Challenger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts