Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,770 Posts
I believe it is. If it is required by the manufacturer, then that is what it comes from the factory with.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
712 Posts
What kind of oil and how often do you change it in a 392?
The 392ci/6.4L engine leaves the factory with Full Synthetic 0W-40 engine oil.

The Owner's Manual for my 2015 SRT 392 recommends Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-40 or equivalent Mopar engine oil.

And, the Owner's Manual for my 2015 calls for the oil in our 392ci/6.4L engines to be changed every 6,000 miles OR 6 month ... whichever comes first.

BTW ... the Mopar oil filter for the 392 is very good. The SRT oil filter for the 392 is even better.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,494 Posts
What kind of oil and how often do you change it in a 392?
I'm a fan of an early oil change or 3 provided the owners manual does not forbid it. (And so far no manual for any car I have owned has forbid it.)

For example for my Hellcat I changed the oil at around 500 miles, 2K miles then 5K miles then every 5K miles (or 6 months) thereafter.

With my new (2020) Scat Pack I waited until 1500 miles to change its oil. The oil on the dipstick remained quite good looking (still amber). The Hellcat oil OTOH was dark at 500 miles.

I've stuck with the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w-40 Full Synthetic oil when I buy the oil at the dealer parts counter. But I believe the dealer -- at least recently -- uses a Mopar oil which is the equivalent of the Pennzoil oil, maybe the same oil just in a Mopar container.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
In my (not so) humble opinion - Signature Series 0W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil is the best synth oil for our ladies. It's expensive, but if ya drive it hard, you want to be sure the oil can take it. ... and I still change it no more than 3000 miles (once per year).

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
822 Posts
FWIW... Pennzoil is the first motor oil made from natural gas, not crude. Pennzoil Ultra Platinum™ with PurePlus™ Technology is a first of its kind full synthetic motor oil made from natural gas designed for COMPLETE PROTECTION and is race trusted. ...

We'll see in the long run if this is good...

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,494 Posts
In my (not so) humble opinion - Signature Series 0W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil is the best synth oil for our ladies. It's expensive, but if ya drive it hard, you want to be sure the oil can take it. ... and I still change it no more than 3000 miles (once per year).
Contains 1% to 5% Benzenamine, N-Phenyl-, reaction products with 2,4,4-Trimethylpentene.

"is a liquid aromatic amine antioxidant for processing and long-term thermal stabilization. it has low volatility and is highly efficient and prevents thermal degradation of polymers. Used in elastomers, polyolefin, and polyurethane. It is used in the manufacturing of flexible polyurethane. Irganox 5057 typical dosage level is 0.1-0.4%."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts