Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally saw a F8 Green IRL at the dealership. I dreamed of one, and Chrysler finally delivered. Don't get me wrong, I love that color. If I was to get a Challenger, it would be F8. Does the color look a bit yellow or lighter than the original F8 Green back in 1968? My uncle had a 68 Plymouth Barracuda. I recall it been a bit "darker" than the current F8. I last saw his car about 35 years ago before he sold it.

Did they add "pearl" paint to the F8? Are my old eyes fooling me?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,635 Posts
Modern F8 code PFQ is a metallic color

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
The original F8 Green was a metallic, with predominately dark metallic flake to it.

The modern version does have gold pearl - so it brightens up the tone and it makes the color look less murky compared to the original color from the 60s/70s.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I recently painted my 1970 Challenger with the vintage F8 formula. It also has lots of gold metallic in it.

·
Vendor
5,687 Posts
We had one come by the other day and I thought it was beautiful. I'm not sure how it compares to the old F8 but I love the new one.

Here are some pics ...

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Registered
491 Posts
Crappy mercury vapor lighting doesnt help a paint job.

I looked at a Destroyer gray Hellcat the other day and the paint looks like the roller job I did when I was 15.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I agree: it is a beautiful color.

My local CDJR dealer has a few on the lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts