Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Does the grille on your Challenger have the silver or black bezels?

• Silver

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Black

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Does Not Apply - Hellcats, Widebodys

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Overlays, painted, etc.

Votes: 2 5.7%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the grille on your Challenger have the silver or black bezels?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
Guess ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
I like the silver. The dual ovals in the grille is one of the most important style cues for the 1971 version. To hide that degrades from the style IMO. Yes the black looks good on some cars but I think this black out everything is way overdone. 95% of the Challengers on the lots here have the Blacktop package. I almost traded for a new one but for that.

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
166 Posts
My scatpack comes blacked out, but I do like the look of the contrasting silver/chrome insert of the other models and like mjb4450 said it defines the 1971 retro style. I've seen red overlays and now carbon fiber, is there an easy way to simulate the silver/chrome on my black grille short of painting? I was thinking foil tape or something.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys make some excellent points regarding the grille. I appreciate the photos as well! I added additional voting choices as well...thank you for those options.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My scatpack comes blacked out, but I do like the look of the contrasting silver/chrome insert of the other models and like mjb4450 said it defines the 1971 retro style. I've seen red overlays and now carbon fiber, is there an easy way to simulate the silver/chrome on my black grille short of painting? I was thinking foil tape or something.
I think the most durable option is to have your bezels powder coated in a high-gloss silver. It will certainly be more durable than a painted surface.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
May as well whore out a picture of my black bezels.....

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
166 Posts
I think the most durable option is to have your bezels powder coated in a high-gloss silver. It will certainly be more durable than a painted surface.
Can they be removed as two pieces? I didn't think they were metal, but it would be cool to powdercoat. So is the stock color more like an argent silver or chrome?

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
455 Posts
Black

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can they be removed as two pieces? I didn't think they were metal, but it would be cool to powdercoat. So is the stock color more like an argent silver or chrome?
Yep, they can be removed as two pieces, but the front fascia will need to be removed to be able to remove them from the grille. It’s an argent/silver color, not chrome.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide body A8 in Go Mango
137 Posts
Niether

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Hood

1 - 20 of 24 Posts