Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that did the Hellcat airbox mod - does it have any type of screen at the inlet tube to keep out debris and curtail water getting into the airbox? I notice the inlet for the Hellcat box is closer to the filter than the stock inlet from the bottom.

If it doesn't come with some type of screen, has anyone rigged up one?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Passenger Side Headlight Mod

Looks good, but I can't see $40. for just one.

BTW, I see the ad shows the mod on the passenger side as well. Anyone done that? I figure maybe run a tube into the engine compartment to bring in more fresh air and help keep it cooler. Couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looks good, but I can't see $40. for just one.

BTW, I see the ad shows the mod on the passenger side as well. Anyone done that? I figure maybe run a tube into the engine compartment to bring in more fresh air and help keep it cooler. Couldn't hurt.
I did this on my Scatpack, also to match the driver side.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
As already stated, it really doesn't need one, as anything that goes in, including water, goes to the bottom of the air box, and then out the bottom opening.

I installed one of the DIPS screens, just for the heck of it. I liked the looks of it, and $40 is nothing compared to the price of the car, not to mention a lot of other mods. :)

Reactions: RWL11
1 - 8 of 8 Posts