Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of ordering the hood struts w/ my $500 mopar bucks and have been given mixed info on if the SRT8 comes stock w/ hood struts?

if not any opinions on how nice they are? how easy to install?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I don't think any Challenger comes with hood struts. I've heard they aren't there because they get in the way when working on the car from the side. I don't work on mine from the side so I don't know if they do or not. I put mine on and I love them. That prop looks so cheap. The attaching hardware is self tapping and the holes are already there.

·
Registered
820 Posts
All SRT8's come with struts the R/T's don't come with them.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Hood struts come stock on the SRT model.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
im thinking of ordering the hood struts w/ my $500 mopar bucks and have been given mixed info on if the SRT8 comes stock w/ hood struts?

if not any opinions on how nice they are? how easy to install?

Hood struts are standard on an SRT8. Come on Huggy how long have you been hanging around here ???? Only kidding good luck with the new ride when she arrives. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hood struts are standard on an SRT8. Come on Huggy how long have you been hanging around here ???? Only kidding good luck with the new ride when she arrives. :bigthumb:
ive been here for like 6 months now total....ive seen people discuss the lack of hood struts, so i wasnt sure....my dealer said it has them..he seems very sharp, but i wanted to be sure

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Why wouldn't they put them on the R/T? How much can they possibly cost?
I think they were doing the retro thing by not putting them on the R/T. I can be wrong and Dodge did a cheapo maneuver on the R/T. ????

·
Registered
820 Posts
Measure the cost times how many R/T's are sold/built that can get pretty expensive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts