Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this picture when deciding how to spend my Mopar Bucks.

View attachment 29620

(for example - here: Challenger Accessories )

I didn't get it at the original purchase - but I knew I wanted it later on. So as I looked around I found out it was part no P5155002. However, in a lot of threads, and in ebay ads, vendor ads, etc - part no P5155002 looked like:

View attachment 29621

I found a vendor who used the first picture, called them, said I wanted what was in the picture, not the round tube one - no problem they said. Placed an order, put a paragraph in the comment field saying I wanted one that looks exactly like your catalog pic, not one that looks like a round tube with collars on the end.

Guess what I got.

So does anyone know if that first picture was something that never happened, or how to get one like I want?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the first one looks like a drake brace
It looks more like a drake brace than the tube one - but it has Mopar on it and has a different finish. Also the Drake brace looks like it attaches to the firewall - this one would not seem to.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
No idea where they got the picture, but it was in the 09 brochure BEFORE the brace was ever produced. Personally I don't buy from ANY vendor who has wrong photos, or STILL uses the concept Challenger with the FUGLY cross in the grill they are not current and if you cut corners there..........

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
I saw this picture when deciding how to spend my Mopar Bucks.

View attachment 29620

(for example - here: Challenger Accessories )

I didn't get it at the original purchase - but I knew I wanted it later on. So as I looked around I found out it was part no P5155002. However, in a lot of threads, and in ebay ads, vendor ads, etc - part no P5155002 looked like:

View attachment 29621

I found a vendor who used the first picture, called them, said I wanted what was in the picture, not the round tube one - no problem they said. Placed an order, put a paragraph in the comment field saying I wanted one that looks exactly like your catalog pic, not one that looks like a round tube with collars on the end.

Guess what I got.

So does anyone know if that first picture was something that never happened, or how to get one like I want?
To answer your real question- no that part does not exist. Thats probably one of those things covered under the disclaimer-"Chrysler(or whoever) reserves the right to change products without prior notice. See dealer for complete details"

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info jandiet. So if that is the case - I am considering the different braces. I like the Drake looks, and there is one by Lakewood that looks most similar to the first pic.

The material for the Drake is Billet Aluminum, Lakewood is square mild steel, Mopar is heavy gauge steel and other ones such as Razor's Edge list chrom-moly. What are the relative merits - disadvantages, of any of these products based on the material they are produced from?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So would anyone be able to give me info on the pros and cons of the different materials?

·
Premium Member
11,106 Posts
Chromoly is going to be lighter and stronger then steel. That is going to be the big difference in the quality of the metals. All will be good for a strut tower, but if it was me I would go with Chromoly due to the added benefit of being lighter and stronger.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
I believe the first pic is for a strut brace for FWD Chrysler product, not a Challenger/Charger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts