Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's just me... But twice now, on completely dry roads, my car has broken the tires loose on the shift into second (auto stick but leaving the car shift) with the TC in full on mode.

We're not talking turning them over a full revolution or anything crazy like that, but a solid chirp going into 2nd.

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
It is not just your car bud, SRT-8 do it and so does my R/T

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear it's not just me... I thought maybe I was doing something right :)

It's impressive that it will still muster a chirp with the nanny system on and I can tell when the electronic nanny is trying to keep me from killing myself :p

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i have done (2) 0-60 attempts and do NOT have the f1's

mine has done more than chirp into 2nd...on my 2nd attempt the car slid sideways a few feet into 2nd....this is w/o using autostick

my 1st attempt was 4.8 with some spinning into 2nd, but my 2nd attempt was 5.2 primarily because of the sliding into 2nd

my car has never made just a chirp.....its always been a squeal

·
Registered
48 Posts
yep same here... with my 87 T Type... miss that car...
I remember them doing more than just chirping into 2nd, I remember a brand new T-type my uncle had for a demo laying down some rubber on the 1-2 shift when he took me out in it, and did it more than once, in the mid day July heat of NC. Awesome car compared to anything else of that day.

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

mine has done more than chirp into 2nd...on my 2nd attempt the car slid sideways a few feet into 2nd....this is w/o using autostick

my 1st attempt was 4.8 with some spinning into 2nd, but my 2nd attempt was 5.2 primarily because of the sliding into 2nd

I really haven't done any full bore starts from a dead stop. All the times mine has turned them over has been from a roll. I will have to lay into it from a stop and see what happens! I don't have the F1's either. I have the RSA's and I am running 35 PSI.

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL sorry about that! :) I will try to do it right next time :)

·
Registered
532 Posts

Ditto... Not using auto stick... Was not expecting that at all... Can't imagine turning off the ESP, better hold on...:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Hopefully I can get my 6 speed to do this, only 400 more miles till I can go all out. :icon_evil:

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Chirp in second with an R/T auto? Please fill me in!! My F1 20's won't even spin in first....:notallthere:
Yeah my car almost always chirps the tires going into second. It'll sometimes begin to slip before shifting. Even with my new 275/40/20s it'll chirp 2nd easily.

Back on topic though, if the 392s are chirping second with a factory tune, that's awesome. After all my mods I was only able to chirp the tires once with the stock tune.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Hopefully I can get my 6 speed to do this, only 400 more miles till I can go all out. :icon_evil:
When I shift fast/hard into 2nd going full bore I can chirp em pretty good (w/ESP on), I have F1s.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I really haven't done any full bore starts from a dead stop. All the times mine has turned them over has been from a roll. I will have to lay into it from a stop and see what happens! I don't have the F1's either. I have the RSA's and I am running 35 PSI.
the car goes significantly faster when starting from a dead stop and flooring it....dont completely stomp it until it gets moving...better yet find a big hill...stop 10' down it and then floor it...ill bet you can get into the 3 second range with no spin or chirp..

·
Registered
532 Posts
400 more miles.... What are you waiting for... You can run these things from day 1, or should I say mile 1. LOL Open her up and let it fly....

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
When I shift fast/hard into 2nd going full bore I can chirp em pretty good (w/ESP on), I have F1s.
That’s good to know, I look forward to running this car all out when I hit 500 miles.:thumbsup:

400 more miles.... What are you waiting for... You can run these things from day 1, or should I say mile 1. LOL Open her up and let it fly....
Unfortunately I read the information card on the sun visor that stated “Your vehicle has a recommended 500 mile break-in period”. If it wasn’t for this, I would be at the track slamming gears!:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts