Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I've had a few issues with the brakes on my 2010 FF R/T and because I bought the car out of state, I didnt have a local dealer lined up for future warranty issues.....Being a little fussy as to who would be working on my car, I made a few calls......

Them: Hello, "XYZ Dodge" service..
Me: Hi, I need a little warranty work on my new car, but I'm a little funny about it, and I would like a specific time to meet with the tech and make sure the car isn't left in a parking lot and handled by lot attendants and recon kids..can you help me?
Them: Just drop it off and we will fix whatever issues you have, we handle all warranty issues for Dodge and all of our other brands...
Me: yeah, but, I kinda want to make sure noboby messes up the car, I just bought it, it has white seats and I am a little sensitive to..(cut off at this point)
Them: bring it in and leave it.
Me: um, yeah, thanks...bye..

So, after a few more calls to other dealers like this, I hit the magic dealer who understood what I was saying.....

Them: Hello, Lee Dodge service, can I help you?
Me: um, hi, listen, I have this 2010 FF R/T Challenger that I bought out of state and it has a few issues, but my concern is how the car will be handled if I bring it in, I'm a little funny about it and don't like just anyone touching it...
Them: Oh sure, we understand, we have plenty of customers with Vipers and SRT's that have the same concerns, it doesn't matter to us where you bought it, we just want to make sure that you're happy with it...Would you like to meet one of our tech's and explain the car's issues to them directly? You can watch as we service the car and feel more at ease while we fix your issues..would that work?

OMG!! YES!! I finally found a dealer that GETS IT!!

I brought the car in, and it was all true!! I was able to drive it thru the service entrance, they covered the seats, met the tech, went on a test run with him, watched him drive the car onto the lift, he checked it all over, made his notes, brought it back out to me and I parked it myself!!
No recon kids, no lot attendants, nobody touched it but me and the tech, who, by the way, is a total pro!! My girl survived her first trip thru a dealership and convinced me that with a little homework, you can still find dealers that give a damn!

LEE DODGE, WESTBROOK, MAINE!! Here's to ya!! :guiness:

Who else has a positive story on a Dodge dealer?

I am still in shock.......and my brake issue apparently, was mostly in my head, the car suddenly had awesome brakes on the test ride..( I swear cars know when to behave):)

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I've been too three dirtbag dealerships where I live. And none can give a hoot about me or my car. To me they all suck. Each and everyone of them.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My dealer was ok up until my first oil change. It was free, but they used conventional oil in my SRT even after I reminded them about it being synthetic. The warranty work that was done by them was ok though I guess...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ginn Chry. in Covington GA. Great service. Are willing to go the extra step to make you happy. I am very pleased with the help they are giving me with my car. I am sending them my truck next week.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Crown Dodge here in Greensboro has been great. The tech who work\s on he car is the person who drives it to the service dept. No complaints and I have been there maybe 8 times.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
ive taken it to (2) service shops(dealers) and told both of them 'no test drives'....i told them the stories of when i had a 5.0 and every time i took it in for anything i could tell the beat on my car...everything in the car was thrown to the back....many times it was for issues that had nothing to do with the powertrain...they'd just beat on it every time it went in.

the Dodge dealer just overfilled the oil on my 392...its about 1/4" over the full level.....its a PITA to take it back in with my work load...ive just left it and hoped its not going to hurt my engine seeing its not that much over

i havent been overly impressed with any of the Dodge dealerships so far....its hard to find a good dealership of any make

·
Registered
191 Posts
I pray I never have warranty issues. I've heard terrible things about the service dept at the local dealership. I won't even let them change the oil. As a confirmation my friend has a 2011 Ram and he had warranty work on the rear end and had them change the oil too. He usually does it himself and apparently for good reason. He got it home, checked the oil level and immediately noticed the oil filler cap missing. How hard is it to put back the cap! I hope I never need warranty work!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
OC Joseph in Belleville, IL is OK.
they won't break their back for you but they are not gonna screw yah either

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have not met many dealers who care enough to back up their words (assuming they are nice in the first place). In my experience ... stay with the car while they work on it and watch them or double check the work before you leave the lot. I have had a dealer forget to bolt down body panels, I had one leave two giant muddy footprints at least an inch deep on my passenger floor carpeting, I had one use 1/4 tank of gas (without refilling) and put 86 miles on my car during just one service visit for having the tires balanced, I had one put about a 3mm deep cut into a wheel's edge that was about 7 inches long, and the usual putting their head in the sand about every issue until you force the issue - and all of that in about a year (not with my Challenger thankfully) with my Ram and our other cars.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'd say the average person at my dealership is either too stupid or too lazy to care. They are not "car people" in the slightest, so they neither understand the vehicle nor do they go out of their way to take care of customers. If they worked for me, I'd fire all of them in about 15 seconds.

Not sure there is a better choice in the New York area - Dodge dealers in this area appear to focus on selling used minivans to people with bad credit, and that is about it.

I didn't expect much from them, and so far, they have managed to fall short of my admittedly low expectations.

If Chrysler is serious about staying in business for the long term, they have a serious dealer issue, and they need to work on it quickly.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Id be happy if Lander's Dodge just gave me some real info on when Ill recieve my Challenger!:disgust:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I don't have much sympathy for those who go elsewhere to buy their car and then expect their local dealer to bend over backwards to help them out. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

I bought both my 2006 Charger and my 2010 Challenger from my local dealer. Paid $500 over invoice on each car. When I bring my car in for service, they treat me like a king. The service manager personally drives my Challenger into the bay or onto the lift since he knows I'm fussy about the white interior. The techs and advisors know how I am and take great care with my car. I don't worry a bit when taking my car in to them, since I know they will treat it with kid gloves.

Your best approach is to drive to the dealership. Skip trying to establish a rapport on the phone. Park away from the service department, don't pull into the service drive. Walk in and ask to talk to the service manager. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by starting out with "I bought my car someplace else...". Just tell him you have a new Challenger, that it has white interior, and that you are fussy about your car. Ask him if they can accommodate you. Asking to go out into the shop is OK, but be understanding if they say no. Some insurance companies are very strict about that rule. What you're looking for more than anything is some understanding from the service manager that you are particular about your car. If he doesn't grasp that concept, then leave and go elsewhere. Sorry to say, but most dealership employees are not "car guys", so you can't expect them to have the same level of enthusiasm you do about your car. What you CAN expect is to have your car respected and returned to you in the same condition as when you left it. That's not asking too much. But you also have to show some respect to them in the process. It works both ways.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Jon, I think you bring up some great points. In my case the experience is with the dealer where I bought the car. Delivered with nav not working, damaged while in service (car had 37 miles on it) to get the nav fixed, and basically cursed out by the sales manager when I parked in the "wrong" spot when I came back again to have the damage taken care of.

If anyone can point me to the dealer within 50 miles of New York City that will live by the rules that JonW describes in his post, I will beat a path to their door.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't have much sympathy for those who go elsewhere to buy their car and then expect their local dealer to bend over backwards to help them out. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

I bought both my 2006 Charger and my 2010 Challenger from my local dealer. Paid $500 over invoice on each car. When I bring my car in for service, they treat me like a king. The service manager personally drives my Challenger into the bay or onto the lift since he knows I'm fussy about the white interior. The techs and advisors know how I am and take great care with my car. I don't worry a bit when taking my car in to them, since I know they will treat it with kid gloves.

Your best approach is to drive to the dealership. Skip trying to establish a rapport on the phone. Park away from the service department, don't pull into the service drive. Walk in and ask to talk to the service manager. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by starting out with "I bought my car someplace else...". Just tell him you have a new Challenger, that it has white interior, and that you are fussy about your car. Ask him if they can accommodate you. Asking to go out into the shop is OK, but be understanding if they say no. Some insurance companies are very strict about that rule. What you're looking for more than anything is some understanding from the service manager that you are particular about your car. If he doesn't grasp that concept, then leave and go elsewhere. Sorry to say, but most dealership employees are not "car guys", so you can't expect them to have the same level of enthusiasm you do about your car. What you CAN expect is to have your car respected and returned to you in the same condition as when you left it. That's not asking too much. But you also have to show some respect to them in the process. It works both ways.
Well stated!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Got a good oil change at the dealership I go to. No under or over fill.

They replaced the LH rocker panel, no problems

They replaced the RH trim piece on passenger door; it blew out the window yesterday- - I guess they didn't glue or staple it, just stuck it on.

·
Registered
323 Posts
shouldnt matter a bit where you bought your car. if a dealership doesnt treat you as well its time to go someplace else. ive had dealers before that i didnt buy from who were smart enough to treat me right and earn my business from them. there are tons of dealers out there, you just have to search around for the decent ones. and don't give any money to the ones who don't seem to care.

·
Banned
368 Posts
I haven't had to have mine serviced yet, however River Oaks Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge in Houston has treated me and my family members WELL for over 20 years...with cars bought there or elsewhere. You do have to shop around, THAT is just reality. Other dealers in town charge different rates for the same work, they have the flunkies drive your cars, or try to upsell you on everything, and then when you say yes, don't do what they upsold! Bottom line, it is YOUR car take it where you want. THere are good dealer service departments out there, you just have to look.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree. It shouldnt matter where the car was purchased because if its new, it comes with a warranty from "Chrysler Corp./Dodge". That warranty is supposed to be honored at any dealership. The fact that a dealership didnt get the sale should have no bearing on the quality of service one receives. The brand (Chrysler) is supposed to work as a whole to give top notch customer service in every aspect across the board. & if it comes down to dollars, that service department makes money from services performed weather the car was purchased there or not so one should receive the best for that if nothing else:werd:

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Ditto, it shouldn't matter where you purchased the vehicle. You're a customer and you expect and should receive what you pay for without being considered "unworthy" of good customer service because you found a better deal elsewhere. I have purchased many vehicles in my town over many years
and have received the same lackadaisical service as everyone else. When I bought my Challenger, between trade in value and price of vehicle, I literally saved 10K by driving 90 minutes north. I didn't feel like spending 10K more here in southern AZ just to attempt to incentivize the dealership to pretend they're my bud.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ditto, it shouldn't matter where you purchased the vehicle. You're a customer and you expect and should receive what you pay for without being considered "unworthy" of good customer service because you found a better deal elsewhere. I have purchased many vehicles in my town over many years
and have received the same lackadaisical service as everyone else. When I bought my Challenger, between trade in value and price of vehicle, I literally saved 10K by driving 90 minutes north. I didn't feel like spending 10K more here in southern AZ just to attempt to incentivize the dealership to pretend they're my bud.
LOL i feel the exact same way! I understand its the dealerships job to make the highest profit possible (Its a business!) but its also my job to get the best deal for me. Otherwise my wife wont allow me to buy new HEMI's LOL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts