Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this car not even 1 year old more problems than its worth. Automatic start needed to be fixed, when its cold stereo cycles through all stations 100 times per second. blinker burn outs, key fob NEVER detected

Now the dome light is on & will not shut off, any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
Sorry to hear of your electrical problems, they can be the worst to troubleshoot and fix.

The only problem I had with my 09 was the Keyfob not detected a few times when the weather was really hot. They fixed that with a software upgrade.

Do you have any aftermarket electrical equipment in your car?

Such as a lockpick on the radio, Trinity or Predator programmer, hardwired radar detector, etc?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
the dome lamps serve dual purpose as reading lamps too. just make sure you don't have the reading lamps on.

get in the car, close the doors, and start the engine. if the dome lamps are still on, then push each lamp one time. that should turn off the reading lamps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks waumo! no electrical equipment is hardwired in the car. tony i pushed those lights ten times & nothing but that was after driving, ill try just getting in start the engine and turn off

·
Registered
438 Posts
Did you check the dimmer (wheel switch) next to the headlight switch?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YUP!!! thats what it is, the sun is so bright today I was thinking christ on a cracker I cant even see the time! so i jacked the dimmer switch all the way up, you guys are the bestest. Durrrrrrrrr

THANKS ALL

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,796 Posts
Did you check the dimmer (wheel switch) next to the headlight switch?
That happened to me lol. My wife cleaned the dash and inadvertently turned that dial all of the way up so the interior lights stayed on. I was like, WTF?:scratchhead: No matter what I tried they wouldn't shut off until I discovered the dimmer switch was all the way on!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts