1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Like it way better!! Not a fan of it on the fender. I thought I was the only one.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
So are the 392 fender emblems stick-on's... no holes to fill?

Should have left them off the hood too... and pretended to be an SE with a front spoiler.

Then surprise a few folks when you uncork that beast...

·
Registered
891 Posts
That does look really good! I prefer the 6.1 HEMI emblem and wish they would have used a 6.4 HEMi emblem (cubic inches are too old school for me), but maybe they will next year. The fender emblem is OK, but your idea is better.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Wow really like those quad tips. Where did you get those?

I have the old style Borla quad tips on my R/T and really like the rounded edges on mine. I like the oval shape of yours too. I've never seen any others like that. VERY NICE......:thumbsup:

BTW..... you should take your car out and get some pics at quartering angles in a nice setting......AND my gf says that you have one of the best looking Challengers she's seen....but she thinks you should tint your windows....regardless you have one sweet ride.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That does look really good! I prefer the 6.1 HEMI emblem and wish they would have used a 6.4 HEMi emblem (cubic inches are too old school for me), but maybe they will next year. The fender emblem is OK, but your idea is better.
". . . cubic inches are too old school for me . . ."

That might be one of the differences between "older" people like me and some who might be a few years younger. I'm more comfortable hearing engine sizes given like 340, 383, 392, 426, 440, etc. To each his own . . .

·
Registered
255 Posts
The look without fender badges is allright. But I am old school, and old 52. I like the old stuff, telling people cubic inch on the Fenders, like 426 Hemi,396 etc. I am debadging my 2011 R/T truck and leaving the fender emblem, SAYS HEMI 5.7 Liter and adding an R/T emblem above it. Just love the old look. Putting out there.
Mike

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The look without fender badges is allright. But I am old school, and old 52. I like the old stuff, telling people cubic inch on the Fenders, like 426 Hemi,396 etc. I am debadging my 2011 R/T truck and leaving the fender emblem, SAYS HEMI 5.7 Liter and adding an R/T emblem above it. Just love the old look. Putting out there.
Mike
funny, I am 52 and had a 1970 challenger with "383 Magnum" on the hood just like I put the "392" on this hood. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
curious to know if the dealership charged you for this and if so what they charged you?
got the extra emblems so they could put new ones on the car and the tips for about $44,000 the car was free :browsmiley:. labor included. My company has a partnership agreement with Dodge.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow really like those quad tips. Where did you get those?

I have the old style Borla quad tips on my R/T and really like the rounded edges on mine. I like the oval shape of yours too. I've never seen any others like that. VERY NICE......:thumbsup:

BTW..... you should take your car out and get some pics at quartering angles in a nice setting......AND my gf says that you have one of the best looking Challengers she's seen....but she thinks you should tint your windows....regardless you have one sweet ride.
quad tips are from the dodge dealer. they have the little MOPAR symbol on the top of the tips.

I am planning on 5% tint for the rear side windows and the back window soon. thanks for the nice remarks.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Should have left them off the hood too... and pretended to be an SE with a front spoiler.

they come off with a blow dryer and fishing line. the dealership bodyshop actually wet sanded the fenders after removing and then put an extra clear coat on the area.

I really thought about leaving the badges off but did not think I could remove the SRT8 emblem off the rear spoiler.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

:scratchhead: I doubt more than 1% of the driving population would know the difference at a glance

·
Registered
891 Posts
". . . cubic inches are too old school for me . . ."

That might be one of the differences between "older" people like me and some who might be a few years younger. I'm more comfortable hearing engine sizes given like 340, 383, 392, 426, 440, etc. To each his own . . .

Im 44. I've owned 47 Mopars in my life. I've had "383 Magnum", "440+6", "340 Four Barrel" and a host of other 'badges' in my life. Times change...you have to change with them, sorry. The new Challenger is NOT a 1970 Challenger, not even close. I realize people in the United States still use cubic inches, but the rest of us are in Liters, sorry. I like forward thinking...

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Looks great, are going to put the challenger emlem on the fenders?:thumbsup:
had the dealership remove the "392 HEMI" emblems from the fenders and now I only have "392" emblem on hood where it belongs in my opinion. My SRT came with the exhaust tip that looks like one wide tip on each side, replaced them with the quad tips.

RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community :: View topic - new mods for challenger

haven't figured out how to post pictures on this site yet so above is a link to pictures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts