Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my '13 R/T since October and because I am the guy I am, I drive the shit out of it whenever it is safe. On that note, I have seen ads for tire hop eliminators. Anyone have input on any of these or if they are worth it?

Thanks and happy driving

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
Hop not seems to help with, if not greatly reduces wheel hop but the general consensus is replacing the cradle bushings with urethane pretty much solves it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Was considering a good 1K to have someone do it but this seems way cheaper

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ive had my '13 RT since October and because I am the guy I am I drive the shit out of it whenever it is safe. On that note I have seen ads for tire hop eliminators. Anyone have input on any of these or if they are worth it?

Thanks and happy driving
BMR lower control arms help. And a rear end cradle. Sticker street Tires help too

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
Honestly if you are going to do the cradle bushings you should replace all the trailing arms, control arm....ect. bushings.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
There is little "flaming" on this board. Pretty good people on here and that's what I like about it. Also, there are many on here with some solid information.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,129 Posts
It's usually good flaming...

4aed302f3c861d29b0883b8005219df6.jpg

A Guy

·
Registered
518 Posts
^^^^^what he said, I guarantee you won't have wheel hop then.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Guarantee is a strong word.. I got the poly bushings, control, and trailing arms and still get a little hop. I also got a supercharger at the same time so I generally have enough tq to completely break free.. but i notice it in the rain and sometimes on dry street if i'm trying to launch hard and maintain traction. the hop is significantly better, but overhype can lead to disappointment.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Proof is in the pictures

Before

After

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
For what it's worth, i was able to replicate both pictures depending on where i dropped the clutch. but of course not every car is the same.. i've learned that the hard (expensive) way a few times.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
Thanks guys for the feedback, have you tried taking vids of your diff/axles to see what components are still jolting during acceleration? I ran a camera under my car (I filmed the diff on my way to work) and the diff moves quite a bit, along with the cradle. I have been looking for urethane bushings for the diff but they appear to be molded directly to the housing. I plan to do the bushing swap later this year and hope to take before/after vids.

https://vimeo.com/258407847

·
Registered
491 Posts
Guarantee is a strong word.. I got the poly bushings, control, and trailing arms and still get a little hop. I also got a supercharger at the same time so I generally have enough tq to completely break free.. but i notice it in the rain and sometimes on dry street if i'm trying to launch hard and maintain traction. the hop is significantly better, but overhype can lead to disappointment.

Tires...

DW06 are 520 tread ware truck tires . I have a set on my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT.

Come spring pop for a set of 200 tread ware performance oriented tires and save those DW for next years blizzard.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Tires...

DW06 are 520 tread ware truck tires . I have a set on my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT.

Come spring pop for a set of 200 tread ware performance oriented tires and save those DW for next years blizzard.
Yeah, the small amount of remaining wheel hop could very well be the tires. but they're truck tires??

"The ExtremeContact DWS 06 (DWS for Dry, Wet & Snow) is Continental's Ultra High Performance All-Season radial developed for drivers of sports cars, sports coupes, performance sedans and sport trucks."

I see they can be used on trucks, but what do you mean exactly? I don't exactly have the room to store a spare set of tires, is there something else that you would recommend that's all season? NC gets plenty of rain, cold, and snow a few times a year, although i don't drive much then.

·
Registered
491 Posts
In general a good all season performance tire usually falls in the 300 tread wear range. Decent in the rain,ok in the cold but not damaged by it and grip enough for most people.

Atturo AZ850 ? A Tire Built for Modern SUVs, Crossovers & Sports Trucks

I just gave these a quick look today since they are recommended here in that 275/40/20 size. I suspect there cheap Chinese made tires but one of the styles said made in Tiawain.

I would type more but the website types sghsgsdjkdfkjdfjkldf mostly and I have to retype everything 4 times.

Do your DW flat spot pretty quick?. Mine do in less than 12 hours of sitting. But they are great in the rain.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,483 Posts
Hop not seems to help with, if not greatly reduces wheel hop but the general consensus is replacing the cradle bushings with urethane pretty much solves it.
Yes sir, like I said in a couple of other threads, I replaced the sway bars and cradle bushings yesterday, and my wheel hop is gone... on stock wheels & tires. :grin2:

BTW, everything was Whiteline. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
Yes sir, like I said in a couple of other threads, I replaced the sway bars and cradle bushings yesterday, and my wheel hop is gone... on stock wheels & tires. :grin2:

BTW, everything was Whiteline. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I don't mind the work but I dread the thought of the alignment. If I take it to a nearby shop I KNOW the tech is going to drive it like he stole it...especially when he realizes there is a supercharger. Might just limit the RPMs to 3k and back off the throttle boost if I take it in.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,483 Posts
I don't mind the work but I dread the thought of the alignment. If I take it to a nearby shop I KNOW the tech is going to drive it like he stole it...especially when he realizes there is a supercharger. Might just limit the RPMs to 3k and back off the throttle boost if I take it in.
Not if you go along when he tests it. You could make that a condition of doing business with them. That said. he will need to get on it some to fully test it. I go to a speed shop that does custom work, so it's not a big deal for any of the mechanics there to drive high horse power cars.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts