Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rubber and plastic trim on these cars takes a beating. Whether it's from the sun, road salt, or even the wax you use, the trim needs almost as much care as the paint.

I recently tried a new product (to me) and thought I'd pass along the results.

It's Trinova Plastic and Trim Restorer.

It's like a clear syrup you apply with a sponge applicator, rubbing it into the rubber or texture of the plastic, and wiping off any excess with a microfiber. It's supposed to clean and restore (return it to its darker self). I've just applied it this past week, so I'll be curious to see how long it lasts. My initial reaction is that I'm highly pleased with the results, especially considering the ease of use. I had some serious wax marks on my rockers, a lot of track abuse on my mudflaps and the usual grime on the rear lower plastic. It all came out looking great.

Apparently you can get it from Wal-Mart, but I got my bottle from Amazon.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Looks awesome. Like the rest of your ride. Keep up the good work and thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,755 Posts
Looks great, I have Dlux on mine, but some day will need something. Who doesn't like a little trim :)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Looks great, I have Dlux on mine, but some day will need something. Who doesn't like a little trim :)

A Guy

Hey now!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,755 Posts
Let us know how durable it is. This product and other like Meguiars Ultimate Black have reviews saying it ran when it rained. Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is a product that gets great reviews for longevity, and a little is said to go a long way. At some point when I feel the need to do my trim, I think I'll be trying that. A Guy

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
201 Posts
I like that large Challenger emblem.
Where did you buy it?
Do they make it in silver?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
At some point when I feel the need to do my trim, I think I'll be trying that.
Giggety...

Did you not have the spoiler/trim coated when you had the ceramic installed? I just had mine done, and the finish is like a nice muted matte on all of the exterior trim, though I wonder about the longevity vs the coating on the paint.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,755 Posts
Yes, I have Dlux, minimum 2 years expected, like the coating, on my car, always under an overhead, and low miles, may be years before i have to worry about the trim. CQuartz Finest also 2 years minimum. The Dlux gave the trim what I call a luxurious look. And the matte spoiler looks great coated with CQuartz

A Guy

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes, I have Dlux, minimum 2 years expected, like the coating, on my car, always under an overhead, and low miles, may be years before i have to worry about the trim. CQuartz Finest also 2 years minimum. The Dlux gave the trim what I call a luxurious look. And the matte spoiler looks great coated with CQuartz

A Guy

Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
The rubber and plastic trim on these cars takes a beating. Whether it's from the sun, road salt, or even the wax you use, the trim needs almost as much care as the paint.

I recently tried a new product (to me) and thought I'd pass along the results.

It's Trinova Plastic and Trim Restorer.

It's like a clear syrup you apply with a sponge applicator, rubbing it into the rubber or texture of the plastic, and wiping off any excess with a microfiber. It's supposed to clean and restore (return it to its darker self). I've just applied it this past week, so I'll be curious to see how long it lasts. My initial reaction is that I'm highly pleased with the results, especially considering the ease of use. I had some serious wax marks on my rockers, a lot of track abuse on my mudflaps and the usual grime on the rear lower plastic. It all came out looking great.

Apparently you can get it from Wal-Mart, but I got my bottle from Amazon.

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
I use Mothers Back to Black heavy duty trim cleaner and follow up with Back to Black trim & plastic restorer on my Shaker. Does anyone know how this Trinova stuff compares with the Mothers products?

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,060 Posts
Nice, I'm not much of a detailer but your results look great and it sounds easy to use (so pretty much right down my ally lol).

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
76 Posts
Now I have to delete the post I just made asking this exact question. Great info! Thanks for sharing!

Also, does this serve as a protectant agaist fading from sun damage? I’d like to avoid the “Jeep wrangler bumper” grey.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Now I have to delete the post I just made asking this exact question. Great info! Thanks for sharing!

Also, does this serve as a protectant agaist fading from sun damage? I’d like to avoid the “Jeep wrangler bumper” grey.
HA, I just did my Jeep Wrangler front bumper with back to black. Its not grey yet but its heading in that direction. Timely thread.
Had my car Cquartz'd but its a daily driver seeing 40k a year so it wont last forever. Need to be prepared

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let us know how durable it is. This product and other like Meguiars Ultimate Black have reviews saying it ran when it rained. Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is a product that gets great reviews for longevity, and a little is said to go a long way. At some point when I feel the need to do my trim, I think I'll be trying that. A Guy
How does this product hold up?
I use Mothers Back to Black heavy duty trim cleaner and follow up with Back to Black trim & plastic restorer on my Shaker. Does anyone know how this Trinova stuff compares with the Mothers products?
I posted this at the end of May. As of today, August 8th, the TriNova is holding up well. I did determine that when simply washing the trim before applying the TriNova, it didn't "take" as well as I would have liked, so....

...on June 3rd I went back over the rocker panels, flaps, spoiler and rear trim with peanut butter to fully clean all of the crevices of the textured plastic. Yes, peanut butter (the smooth kind, not chunky :grin2: ). Wipe the peanut butter off with Isopropyl then apply the TriNova, and the results are fantastic!

These pictures were taken about a week ago.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,325 Posts
I'd be interested in before and after window seal trim pics. Mine has looked like crap for years (all spotty looking). Nothing I've tried has helped.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So there must be some Long term results on the Trinova, Lets hear them!
How long should the results last,(average)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts