Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't now what it's called but can I remove it and paint it? My RT Classic is Auto and I'm planning to remove the engine cover and install half covers. What I need help identifying is the center black cover that looks like ribs. What is that part called and is it difficult to remove\paint? Looking for help and advise, thanks guys!!! Still learning my way around the engine!!

·
Banned
290 Posts
Easily removed....uh..that's relative. I think you could paint it, but it has to be the right stuff. This isn't the kind of job that gets done in an afternoon.

What's underneath it...valves. It's purpose is to direct air to each one of the cylinders to achieve the proper A/F ratio.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate it fellas!! Now I least know what it's called!! Definitely going to take my time and plan it out, THANKS!!!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I think what these guys are trying to tell you is the intake manifold isn't trim. It's a major component of the engine.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
It's called the cinnabon heater, silly buns! :p

·
Premium Member
9,453 Posts
Someone here posted a video or a how to for doing this, a while back. I believe it was painted white to match his car.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,527 Posts
If you want to dress it up, you may want to find an intake from a 6.1. They are made of metal and can be polished or painted.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Captain Awesome!! Thanks for the thread!!
No problem. That's a particularly lengthy and involved example (exhaustively smoothing out the manifold) but as you search you'll find there are other threads or videos wherein the individual simply removed, painted, and reinstalled, which is going to be a lot simpler. Really just depends on your goals, abilities, and time.

Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts