Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.
A year ago, i was forced to get rid of my Challenger becuase of the monthly note/wife laid off.
I had some equity in it. Got a 300 SRT8, cut my payment in half. Over the year, added mods to it, including a blower.

Im at a cross road here.
Do I:
1. Keep the 300, its still a cool car, and has over 500rwhp
2. Look for a 2010/2009 SRT challenger with super low miles or 2010 leftover on the lot in the 30-35$K range.
3. Wait a few months for a 392
4. Wait it out a year or two and get a used 392
5. none of the above, sell the 300, take cash and by a wimpy daily driver outright and grow up

Also, on the 09-10 SRT challengers, how are the 6 Speeds holding up to big power? Been out of the loop a while

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should also mention, ive been trying to find a way to get back into a challenger since i lost it. But its gonna be hard to leave behind the kind of horsepower i have now

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Take the mods off your 300, find a low mileage SRT Challenger and put them on there. Low mileage SRT's are the best deal right now, you can get them for low 30's.

I went from 6 speed to an auto because the 6 speed can have massive wheel hop and most guys are finding them a challenge to hook up off the line.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, most the low mileage SRTs around hear are mid 30's, 35-37K
There is one guy with one with 8K miles for $30K, but its a six speed. Just worried if i did put my blower on it, it wouldnt be too realistic if the 6spds have been having a hard time

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I would keep the 300 for now. (Item 1.)

Then,

Wait it out a year or two and get a used 392. (Item 4.)

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
The car you have today is always the cheapest to own. That said, a six speed low mileage SRT sounds awesome! But then again I'm bias. Correct, but bias.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I say 1 of 2 options:

Option 1 pull your mods off the 300 and and buy a used 2008-2010 SRT8 and drop them on there.

Option 2 buy a left over or used 392

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

Then,

What he said. The 300 is cool so why part with it if you don't have to.:notallthere:

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
His 300 also runs 11.5s at about 119 which he didn't mention haha. I saw it in person my last trip to the track. Nice car.

I'm personally biased toward a Challenger. I just love the thing as I know you did yours Mush.

If I did anything, I'd pull the mods off the 300 and put them on a SRT Challenger.

My 6 speed drive train has held up fine to over 600RWTQ for almost a year. They are pretty tricky to launch and shift with this much power though. You saw me at the track last time. I was on street tires, but still. I've got DRs now to try out and will have a better evaluation in a few weeks.

Autos are gonna be faster and easier to drive at the track, but I wouldn't trade my 6 speed manual for one. I love shifting the gears and use mine mainly as a street bruiser.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Take everything off the 300 and sell it out right. I sold my 300C SRT8 to get my IE. It was an 06 with 34K miles and I got $22.7K. Then sell all the parts that wont transfer over to the Challenger. 392 is a much better starting base from a horsepower perspective but buying a used or new 5.7/6.1 and going to a 426 would be a nice upgrade. A lot of options here and none really bad. Good luck. If you want to sell the SC let me know as my son is looking for one for his SRT8 Charger.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the consensus is about as equally spread as i am.
My blower would work on a 09-10 Challenger, so if I did that, i could still keep the power i have now.
I thought I was happy with my 300 until the IE 392 info was released.
I do love my 300 though, dont get me wrong. But my true love is the challenger.
I have a picture of speedys car on my phone from a track day, his car next to a blue bee, next 2 my car..and i look at it all the time and think, man, i wish i still had my challenger.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The 300 is a sweet ride. Especially if you take other people out to dinner or what not. I got some people here from work wanting me to take my car out for lunch but I prefer only one passenger.

Oh and, you do realize that a baby seat is forbidden in a Challenger!! ;-)

·
Registered
406 Posts

Then,

I second that vote, save up another year + and then sell it and get the 392!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 300 is a sweet ride. Especially if you take other people out to dinner or what not. I got some people here from work wanting me to take my car out for lunch but I prefer only one passenger.

It is a sexy car. And super fast. Definitely takes people by surprise.
And, i used to carry my 2 year old around in my challenger all the time :)
Im selling off the mods and see where all that is in a week or two.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh Man, that's the best mod I have on my Challenger. :p

To the OP- I sold my 4-door sports sedan (2009 G8 GXP) to get a 2010 Challenger SRT8 just a few months ago and I do not regret the decision.

Not a fair comparison though, since I only had 415HP in the G8 (Stock LS3, T56 6speed). However, I did have to part with 8k worth of cash to keep my payments low. Hey, that's just like having a supercharger! :)

While I lost the cornering and "sporty" feel along with the money I could have spent on an SC for the G8 and sometimes think “did I make the right decision?”, those thoughts are put to rest when I walk out and see my Challenger.

Get the car you want… you can always make that faster.

·
Registered
124 Posts
When I went out to lunch with a co-worker the other day there was a small crowd around my RT checking it out.

He looked over at me and said, "That's funny, when I bought my Accord there was no crowd of admirers."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts