Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, im so lost lol. I cant find any information anywhere. I have a faulty door bypass switch is a bit off in my 2012 dodge challenger. Im going to redirect it with a magnetic sensor. My Chilton manual doesnt even include the wiring diagram for the challenger...could anyone please tell me what color wire im tapping into? Id be sooo incredibly happy if so.
Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
The wiring is in Chilton.

2012 Dodge Challenger. Repair. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see wiring. Body. Doors, Lock System.

I think that is what you are looking for.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unforntually the adobe reader didnt help, might have to pull out the laptop to see if itll let me. And theworldthathesees, i have a copy and it excludes the challenger in the wiring diagram. Did you read the post before commenting? Or do you need a step by step? 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop

Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
The wiring is in Chilton.

2012 Dodge Challenger. Repair. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see wiring. Body. Doors, Lock System.

I think that is what you are looking for.
Or just go to the general maintenance section of the forum and access chilton's online via the library link provided in the very top sticky.

In the online chilton's site, you can go to wire diagrams/location views and it shows how the wiring runs thru the car.

Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
Shame we live in a time you can no longer buy actual Printed Manuals, those Haynes Manuals suck not enough detail in them. By the way that PDF works if you have downlaoded that file and then open it with Acrobat it works fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for your help! It looks like the wire is violet!

I do wonder why theres a secondary door ajar wire that is violet and tan though. Anyone know if id have to bypass that one too?

Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
The other wire is the return. If bypassing the sense does not work then try bypassing the return as well. I actually wonder if this can be done using alfaobd software to change the vehicle configuration? Problem is older models don't actually use a BCM like the +2015 models.

Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
If I could find an old school paper FSM for my 15, I'd buy it in a heart beat.
They believe it makes more sense now to use a Touch screen Tablet with Grease and Oil that can fall and Break vs Paper.
How ever a Shop Manual is still best no matter what old school and never had a problem using them while working on a vehicle.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update for anyone that might want to do this in the future. I wanted to do a magnetic door switch nc/no but, it was a flop with the one i had ordered. It was too bulky and i should have got the three wire one cuz it acted inverted. Butttt i did manage to get the acting closed (just not if that other magnet is around. Dont try to bypass it by grounding it and dont bother tapping into the violet and tan wire. Just tap into the violet wire. Works great, i might actually give it a real and final fix with something like these

No more dinging, now have use of my interior and dash lights, no remaking the bondoed door jam and most importantly no more battery drain. Thank you all for your help! It wouldnt have been possible without you guys!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts