Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain to me how to install aftermarket door lock pins? I know it should be simple but I ran into a little problem. When I unscrew the stock pin it comes all the way up, but I cant take it out. It looks to have a nut attatched to the bottom of it. Do I take that off? Like I said I feel silly for asking but I dont want to mess up my door locks. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Can anyone help me out?

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I installed BT ones on my '09 and stock ones did not have any nut on the end. They simply unscrewed. Try doing this when pins in locked position and maybe nut will unscrew.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i'll give that a try! Thanks man! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I also installed the BT ones and the stock pins had a nut shape on the end, but they are plastic and attached to the peg. Just keep unscrewing it man, it goes on for a while. If it feels like you aren't getting anywhere with it, you may have hit a stripped spot and need to pull while you unscrew it. Hope this helps! :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys! I got it. I didn't realize the bottom of the stock pin had that nut shape. My new pins installed without any problems. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Let's see the new pins!

Photos please!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
photo update?

:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts